Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who in turn must have learned it from the master of the dark arts himself...Adam El-Abd!
    Who lent his Cloak of Irritation to Ashley Barnes at one point.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
      Agree with the comments above, but he still needs to improve his decision making. A number of occasions yesterday when he held on to the ball for too long, one of them in a defensive situation which could have resulted in a goal.
      Agreed. he can excite and frustrate in equal measure. He has to learn to pass more often instead of trying to beat the full back twice. Great to see him improving and the strop only shows how determined he was to play his part.

0 Not allowed!
      The better substitution would have been Locadia (or Ulloa) for Murray in my opinion. Murray was knackered due to the shift he put in, as evident when he was clean through. A fresh pair of legs up front and l think we could have exploited the gaps! Knockaert was still running around like a two year old when he got subbed!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      Did you watch with a paper bag over your head yesterday!?
      Clearly not. Can you honestly tell me what he did that was decisive in the game for us offensively?

Like I say, he defended well, and as I said in the player ratings thread, he barely gave the ball away.

But offensively, he simply isnít producing enough in terms of decisive moments. He isnít carrying the team forward in the way Izquierdo, Gross, Schelotto do (and March can), and he slows moves down far too often. The key reason why someone like Gross is getting the assists he is is because he knows whatís around him and he knows what he wants to do with the ball before it gets to him (and he backs it up with a quality delivery on a very regular basis). Knockaert, at this level, simply isnít offering us these things.

Donít be confused, itís absolutely telling that the player brought off for March was Knockaert and not Izquierdo.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
      Deserved to be forgiven. Thought he played really well. Presumably that sub was purely to have some fresh legs in front of Bruno at a point when the team was tiring. So fully justified to be fed up when he was enjoying himself and great that he cares so much.
      I feel he was taken off before he was sent off, a good move by the manager.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggles View Post
      The better substitution would have been Locadia (or Ulloa) for Murray in my opinion. Murray was knackered due to the shift he put in, as evident when he was clean through. A fresh pair of legs up front and l think we could have exploited the gaps! Knockaert was still running around like a two year old when he got subbed!
      I also found CH decision strange. Should in my opinion subbed around the 75 min mark. Murray looked shot, fresh legs from either of the 2 mentioned could really have damaged Arsenal.

0 Not allowed!
      Anyone got an image of Anthony doing him on Satdi?
      test

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
      Clearly not. Can you honestly tell me what he did that was decisive in the game for us offensively?

Like I say, he defended well, and as I said in the player ratings thread, he barely gave the ball away.

But offensively, he simply isn’t producing enough in terms of decisive moments. He isn’t carrying the team forward in the way Izquierdo, Gross, Schelotto do (and March can), and he slows moves down far too often. The key reason why someone like Gross is getting the assists he is is because he knows what’s around him and he knows what he wants to do with the ball before it gets to him (and he backs it up with a quality delivery on a very regular basis). Knockaert, at this level, simply isn’t offering us these things.

Don’t be confused, it’s absolutely telling that the player brought off for March was Knockaert and not Izquierdo.
      Knockaert created and was involved in plenty of our key moments going forward on sunday, I thought he had a terrific game all round.

Unlucky with the effort from the Gross back heel and a lovely pass going forward to release Izquerdo that he over played on and should have returned the pass.

they are 2 off the top of my head.

Izquerdo stayed on as he is quicker on the counter... not really because he had a better game then Knockaert.

they both over play at times, and I really don't mind it, I enjoy that we have 2 wingers trying to make something happen going forward.

Its why March is not in the side, no where near positive enough on the ball currently, he has it in him though to change that.
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post

But offensively, he simply isn’t producing enough in terms of decisive moments. He isn’t carrying the team forward in the way Izquierdo, Gross, Schelotto do (and March can), and he slows moves down far too often. The key reason why someone like Gross is getting the assists he is is because he knows what’s around him and he knows what he wants to do with the ball before it gets to him (and he backs it up with a quality delivery on a very regular basis). Knockaert, at this level, simply isn’t offering us these things.

Don’t be confused, it’s absolutely telling that the player brought off for March was Knockaert and not Izquierdo.
      Or could have been putting on someone less excitable to help the less pacy Bruno.
      Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.
      Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

0 Not allowed!
      His temper was all a set up to give advertising exposure to Donatello's.