Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More banners today, is this getting out of hand?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The dad clearly runs that Twitter account and is clearly a ****ing mentalist:

Screenshot_20180305-181245.png

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
I emailed Paul Barber regarding these stupid signs and suggested that at the very least we stop putting them on our own big screens as its a bit of an embarrassment. He replied, (to his credit he does seem to take the time to reply to everyone), saying that this is not just an issue at Brighton and is sure it has zero impact on us as a club and such is not concerned in the slightest. So there's our answer. This will continue to make us look tinpot forevermore. :albion2: p.s. does anyone know how to get a half and half emoji?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stat Club Jnrs (never ones to have their fingers on the pulse) came back to the seats yesterday, expressing their desire to make banners.
I told them they could on one condition, their banners have to be creative.

It did lead to a, always easily pleased, conversation with Lil Miss Stat:-

"Who's shirt do you want"?
"Maty Ryan's"
"Good idea, get one that'll fit you".

Here all night, don't forget to tip your waitress.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
After the Swansea game, my daughter asked me if she could make a banner asking for knocky’s shirt. “No” was my swift response.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
All what's wrong with modern day football and this is the future sadly:nono:
Poor parenting and an era of kids who have to support the big clubs for image reasons is just the tip of the iceberg.

The club must ban this shite and ban all these people from the stadium if caught...we have a waiting list of 7/8k and these types are not required.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Call me old fashioned but surely it's just "not the done thing"? Shirts should be given on impulse, for example if a player notices a young fan freezing their nuts off or crying or whatever, just a nice little gesture. I don't believe they should be asked for. Sort of ruins the rare luck of it happening.

Hell, my son didn't even ask for any players' shirts when he was mascot with them in the OT tunnel! Bit different I know - sure he would've loved a memento of his day but he wouldn't dare ask, I guess he's wiser than his 9 years. (Or he missed the perfect opportunity, but hey-ho)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
What a bloody greedy society we live in these days. Dreading the spurs and man u games in this respect - the whole East lower will be a sea of banners

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If someone came to me begging for a shirt, they can all feck off - I don't care how young or old he/she is, or what alleged wasting disease they all claim to suffer from, or any other pathetic excuse for a freebie.

It's Grossly embarrassing.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I think it's time to introduce snipers at the Amex.

That will put an end to it

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apparently young Luca has been a Dortmund fan all his life as well

Bet Jex Roofing lay tarmac as well

[tweet]970627944556253184[/tweet]

Imagine how gutted Dad is to get that crappy child-sized replica from Arsenal there, and not the sweaty match-worn adult one he was clearly hoping for to boost his own ego/ bank balance.

That's something at least by Arsenal, that they prevented the shameless, grasping father from making a profit out of it.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Arsenal fan living in Worthing.
His boy is in some kind of Albion related U8s team, I'm hoping that his peer group will get him to quit this behaviour encouraged by his dad.
As such Jamie-ing is not in any way yet called for, though if you are that upset by him look Jex Roofing Ltd up on companies house.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder if we'll see any "can I have your shirt" signs at Selhurst Park tonight?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wonder no more.

[tweet] 970747847053373440[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here