Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More banners today, is this getting out of hand?

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Ok, I think this craze is getting a bit silly now. We are a Premier League club and this is quite frankly embarrassing. Got nothing against the kids and their banners but the parents and/or the club really need to stop this whenever we play a top 6 club.

If you want a shirt, ask for a Brighton player's.....the club you're meant to be supporting.
d311981c52efc8e279920f08387d0971.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I do have a problem with the kids. **** off you little shits. They’re old enough to know better. Stewards should be advised to remove signs like that from the home stands.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I didn't see the signs for Arsenal players shirts at the ground but it is really embarrassing that its becoming a common occurrence .

Also saw plenty of signs for Brighton players shirts. Since the Chelsea game it is happening more and more. Pushy parents wanting their kid to get a shirt too, we will have "displays" from the east stand by the time it gets to the man united game

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Was cute when it was first done, but getting a bit silly and embarassing now. Especially when it's supposedly our OWN fans wanting opposition player shirts. If you're a parent, please make it stop!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I blame the parents. My son would not have been able to leave the house with one of those.

This! Top parenting. I would go as far to cancel the season ticket of any parent and child doing this. Similar sanctions should be in place for those purchasing half & half scarves and anyone who asks " who is your second team?". The answer to that question should be Albion reserves!

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Ok, I think this craze is getting a bit silly now. We are a Premier League club and this is quite frankly embarrassing. Got nothing against the kids and their banners but the parents and/or the club really need to stop this whenever we play a top 6 club.

If you want a shirt, ask for a Brighton player's.....the club you're meant to be supporting.
d311981c52efc8e279920f08387d0971.jpg

Poor parenting for sure. Go and sit in the away end if you and your child are desperate for opposition player's shirts.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ban the little ****ers and ban the parents too, plenty of fans ready to take their places

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
This! Top parenting. I would go as far to cancel the season ticket of any parent and child doing this. Similar sanctions should be in place for those purchasing half & half scarves and anyone who asks " who is your second team?". The answer to that question should be Albion reserves!

Am I not allowed to have Aldershot Town as my second team ? My first home was just behind the ground.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I have always been entirely opposed to punishing children by hitting them.
That photo does make me wish someone would slap the deluded oiks though.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Don’t worry huns it won’t be long before you see Arsenal kids asking for a Solly March sock or a Matty Ryan step ladder

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
After the performance our players put in today I find these banners highly insulting towards our whole club and what we've achieved.

This wasn't some F.A Cup glory tie between a league 2 and Prem side, it's a ****ing league game and we've just convincingly seen off Arsenal.
The parents should be ashamed of themselves for allowing it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Who cares? Leave 'em alone - it's kids being kids.

I'm embarrassed for anyone who's embarrassed...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
This is not an Albion issue though (despite what some Palace twunts will have you believe on Twitter). It's happening at every single ground now. At Liverpool, at Arsenal, Old Trafford, and yes, even Palace.

It is a bit crap, however you look at it. The first time somebody did it, I guess it was a bit cheeky, quite funny. Now it's just stupid, there's almost an expectation that shirts are going to be given away. I think if I was a player, I'd be tempted to give my shirt to the kid sitting quietly several seats along from the one with the sign. Just to make a point.

I know they're only kids, but come on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here