Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where does that rank in Amex days?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
eh? Gus's hit the ceiling comments came after probably what ranks the worst day/night ever at the Amex

Okay, perhaps the ceiling quote was from then but after the match Gus gave an interview that was widely discussed here where he expressed a LOT of dissatisfaction at his lot at BHA. He spoiled what had been a fantastic day up to that point.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Just a game itself id have to say Sheffield Wednesday it had everything.But the whole experince will always be Doncaster for me we had properly come home.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Today has crashed into the Top 10 for sure, probably Top 5. Doncaster was unique though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Loved the celebrations when the whistle went - was like we’d scored again and probably the most jubilation at a full time whistle of the Amex era. Certainly our best league result at the Amex. Don’t really want to rank all these special days and games - all just as good for me.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Just behind Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday play-off 2nd leg. Despite the result the atmosphere at that game and the anticipation were superb.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
In terms of memories Donny and Wigan will never be beaten. However in terms of 90 mins this was up there for me - the relief and atmosphere at the end were unbelievable. And in the context of the season it was a massive result.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Surprised the Burnley game hasn't been mentioned yet. Though Doncaster will surely always win this one.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
How anybody can say yesterday was a bigger win than Wigan is beyond me. There are loads of games that were great on the day. The arsenal game will be shown to be nothing more than 3 points as time goes on.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How anybody can say yesterday was a bigger win than Wigan is beyond me. There are loads of games that were great on the day.The arsenal game will be shown to be nothing more than 3 points as time goes on.

I disagree, as the context of the 3 points, which were points we wouldn't have expected, was elevated because of the huge lift in the fight against relegation.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The 3-0 vs palace was a great day but it really is tainted by what happened in the playoffs for me.

Wigan is number 1, yesterday was number 2.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Embarrassing thread alert !!!!
Embarrassing? Bit bizarre as the op asks a reasonable question. We haven't got a good record against Arsenal and our record against top sides this year has been atrocious. I wonder if you joined in the celebrations as the final whistle went? Those moments are gold for a football fan of a smaller team like ours.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
e.g massive last year was bigger and the atmosphere was better.

Yesterday's win was more important for the 3 points rather than the opposition who are a poor shadow of there former teams.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
ahead of Doncaster? sure?

I can become a melancholic nostalist, and I'll never forget the dark days. But I feel like celebrating the last 20 years now. Each little victory and each glorious game, has its place. I can NEVER think of any of the survival matches as our greatest wins. I simply think a few weeks ahead to the 'glory' of our first competitive game at Gillingham, with only the Rainham end open. Yes, the Mansfield game at Withdean was emotional, but as the rest of that season showed, that was mostly a head-charge moment and a false dawn. Anyway, we were stuck at Withdean. Yesterday everything came together. It was not a 'lose and we are doomed' moment. It was an 'at last we are a normal decent top flight club who can beat one of the better PL sides without their having most of their best players injured or suspended, and without going down to nine men' moments. I'm one of those people who spent the first 3 months of the first 3 seasons at the Amex expecting the crowd to melt and behave like numpties. I spent the first 3 months of this season expecting the club to go on a horrible run a la WBA. There is no guarantee of anything in this life. But after supporting the Albion since 1969 this was the moment when everything came together for me. A great performance that is NOT the pinnacle of the careers of most of our players. No 'the only way now is down'. No ifs ands or buts. No 'Peter Ward' talisman who everyone knows will be sold at the end of the season. No second rate stadium. No flighty owner. And......exhale.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Was up there with the best to the extent that it matters. What is more significant is its contribution to the future.

If we stay up, we can look forward to not punching above our weight but actually punching our own serious weight. Those packed bars pre and post match and no doubt serious commercial takings in other areas surrounding this and other games are something that other clubs outside the top 6 can rarely match. There is a degree to which other clubs fear the impact we can make in the coming years....

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
2 more I'd throw in the ring for top 10 that nobody has mentioned.

4-1 against Huddersfield with Leo's Hatrick
6-1 against Blackpool Dean Hammond with one of the best OG's I've ever seen, cue the cry of '7-0 to the Albion'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here