Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere today

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If I could put into words exactly why I think it's such a contentious issue. I'd say this.

There are many fans on here to whom Brighton means so much. After so many years of shite, we are now living the dream. This is incredible. Just to see the teams on the fixtures list this year is enough for many to make a mess of their pants.

Now, I can actually understand examples like that Palace game and other midweek fixtures. Young kids. School. I get it.

But the idea that some people have something better to do on a Sunday afternoon when we're winning clinging on to a 2-1 lead against Arsenal in the 80th minute in the Premier ****ing League with a chance to go tenth in March after they've spent all that money and time just to be there..... I don't think many of us can even get our heads around how that person's brain works.. What is it you have to do which is better?

And it's not just a feeling of anger or embarrassment. It's - for me at least - a bit of sadness. Look at Uwe's video from the final whistle. There aren't many better feelings than that in LIFE, are there? I want as many Albion fans to share in that as possible.

I stay until the end because I choose to, but for anyone to demand to know why someone else may want to leave early is frankly pathetic. Their reasons are their own and need no justification to others who have no other common ground than the team they support.

Some poeple have very serious reasons to leave early and to be vilified by fellow supporters is outrageous. You don't know why and you have no right to demand know why.

Grow up and mind your own business. This debate is obnoxious.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I stay until the end because I choose to, but for anyone to demand to know why someone else may want to leave early is frankly pathetic. Their reasons are their own and need no justification to others who have no other common ground than the team they support.

Some poeple have very serious reasons to leave early and to be vilified by fellow supporters is outrageous. You don't know why and you have no right to demand know why.

Slightly over the top... :)

There is plenty of room for people to have different opinions on this.

My wife and 10 year old are I guess quite typical early leavers. Mrs G "has to get back for the dog" and Moshe Jnr is suffering withdrawal symptoms from Fortnite...!!!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

I don't think anything I said in that post is childish, obnoxious and I'm not demanding anything at all. I find it more and more surprising how so many people aren't staying to the end of a match. Not just here. Everywhere.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I don't think anything I said in that post is childish, obnoxious and I'm not demanding anything at all. I find it more and more surprising how so many people aren't staying to the end of a match. Not just here. Everywhere.
I agree. Each to there own of course, I usually stay to the end to applaud the team but, to the left of me 4 go on 83 mins regardless of the score, so with 7 mins injury time, missed 14 mins, 2 to the right leave on 85 regardless of the score. Just seems strange to me

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003

Eh? Very OTT over-reaction to what was a very reasoned post. This debate is not obnoxious in the slightest. Boring maybe as we've had it umpteen times (and will continue to have it) but not obnoxious.. Leaving early is after all, along with booing, a time-honoured way of showing your disapproval with the team. For the Arsenal game it was noticeable how few people disapproved of the performance.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Combination of factors on Sunday really. Game on a knife-edge, wanting to see first win against big six, critical 3 points, great performance and a very large factor being the kick off time meant game finished at a ‘nothing’ sort of time mid-afternoon on a Sunday so far fewer reasons for people needing to rush off..........was great to see, regardless of the reasons. Hopefully a few that stayed that don’t normally will have resolved to do so more often.

Given all the Arsenal that everyone thinks were in the home seats, maybe they were most of the early leavers ??????

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It was indeed a special one. Had a few leave at their usual 85 mins, but most people stayed until the very end. No idea how people can value a touch less traffic over the end of a match like that one...

I agree

But when average crowds go from 7.5k to 30k in less than 10 years you are always going to get some that are neutrals, day trippers, don't fully appreciate the significance of such a win.

Its the same as those who leave early at half time to get to the queue for a beverage

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well I watched the game on my sofa with my son, my wife, my mum and her husband. I had to drive to Leeds after to get my son to cricket training so I couldn't even have a beer with the match and the injury time meant that after a bit of jumping around and hugging people we had to leave straight away and gun it up the M1.

Couldn't even watch the interviews after the game and only just got there on time. Where's my medal? [emoji23]

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm just glad the club dont kick us out after the game, I bloody love a good old chat and sing song Post match in one of the concourses after a win, I wouldnt want to be anywhere else.

Can't wait for Everton a few new songs kicking around too so hopefully they will ave caught on before the end of the season.

Kepping making noise people.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

What an incredibly strange reaction to that post.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Well I watched the game on my sofa with my son, my wife, my mum and her husband. [emoji23]

I tried watching it on my sofa but all I could see was a square lump of padded material.

smelly

May 23, 2004
That roar on the final whistle followed by GOSBTS.......[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

That roar was like a goal had been scored. Followed by GOSBTS followed by a bit of a tear. Marvellous scenes

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
The atmosphere on Sunday was electric.Would be great if it was like that for every game.
At times the North and the West were out of sync though.
We need to get more like the Ultras of abroad.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The atmosphere on Sunday was electric.Would be great if it was like that for every game.
At times the North and the West were out of sync though.
We need to get more like the Ultras of abroad.

i don’t think it mattered that they were out of sync the atmosphere at times was still terrific

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
That roar was like a goal had been scored. Followed by GOSBTS followed by a bit of a tear. Marvellous scenes

You are not the only one, fifty something a blubbing like I was five.

The final whistle was just brilliant only bettered by the Wigan game last season. Must have been 80% of the crowd stayed for the final hoorah and the singing of GOSBTS has never been bettered.

Brilliant well done to all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just caught up with this podcast from the commentary team at the game.

First three minutes conveys exactly what the atmosphere was like. MASSIVE cheers after GOSBTS. More chat about the team follows after that...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0602j5t

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here