Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto injury

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I thought the injury to Schelotto really worked against Arsenal, they were building a lot of momentum at the time, and,tbf looked like scoring. The five/ six minute break did them no favours, and allowed us to re-organise and take a breath.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I thought the injury to Schelotto really worked against Arsenal, they were building a lot of momentum at the time, and,tbf looked like scoring. The five/ six minute break did them no favours, and allowed us to re-organise and take a breath.

I was wondering if he made the most of it, I certainly would have, after being on the receiving end!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’m not sure there was intention (which is irrelevant to whether it’s a foul by the way), but he got to the ball after Schelotto and cleared him out with a challenge that left him unconscious. How is it not a foul?

Saying that, the ref also gave Stephens a yellow for one of the cleanest tackles you’re likely to see in this league, so his understanding of the rules clearly isn’t the best.

Spot on.

At the very least a yellow, as though he was late, he was looking at the ball. I don’t think anybody would have been surprised if he’d shown a red.

And the Stephens booking............ bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Glad Schelotto looked okay at the end, but,

What we witnessed 2nd half was unashamed officiating in favour of a top 6 side as you’re ever likely to see. Stephens booking, not even a foul for the Schelotto challenge, goal kicks instead of corners, it was embarrassing because it was so obvious. We were so good though it didn’t matter, thankfully.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I agree with you. Tough challenge but I didn't see it as a foul

You really need to be watching the ball very closely in a challenge like that. I didn’t see the player looking at the ball at all but I did see a tucked in elbow that cleared our poor Greyhound out. Red all day IMO.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

What we witnessed 2nd half was unashamed officiating in favour of a top 6 side as you’re ever likely to see. Stephens booking, not even a foul for the Schelotto challenge, goal kicks instead of corners, it was embarrassing because it was so obvious. We were so good though it didn’t matter, thankfully.

Indeed, a very Arsecentric ref if ever there was one!

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
The doctor who sits near me said he'd be very surprised if he were allowed to play for a week, concussion. Could be a tiring outing for Bruno next weekend...

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

This ! I thought the officials were a disgrace in the second half with so many ‘big club’ decisions that left me speechless (actually I wasn’t speechless at all I was going friggin mental tbh !)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are forearm smashes not fouls these days then?
That didn't happen.

Arsenal bloke made sure his shoulder was going to take out The Greyhound, it wasn't a forearm smash

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Kolasinac had already been booked. It was a yellow all day long (I don’t believe it was worthy of a red) but because he’d already been booked, the ref bottled it.

Bizarrely the Lino on that side who’s flag was up and down all match long - that was the only thing he didn’t flag for in the entire second half. :censored:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
not sure it deserved a card tbh though was a tough tackle and should've been a foul. Stephens yellow card was a disgrace certainly wasn't a foul at all.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Is it possible that the ref didn't see it and the lino wasn't sure either, therefor by not taking any action it can be looked at later. Had the ref put up a yellow the matter would be closed. Obviously we never hear from the ref.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He got booked for shouting at the ref, it's obvious what a dirty ******* he Is! Those saying no foul need to have a good look at themselves

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Compared to some of the refeering we have seen at the Amex this season, I thought the ref didn't do too badly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here