Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto injury

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My opinion, its was a red card all day long, it happened about 3 minutes after Schelotto took out the Arsenal player, which he got booked for, and was pre-meditated retribution for that incident.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was he knocked out as the radio said?
If so then he may be missing for next week only, they are very cautious when players lose consciousness, but as he was back on the bench watching I guess he is ok.

I'm fairly sure he was knocked out, as he was flat on his back, and when the players ran to him, they immediately put him in the recovery position before the physios got to him. They called the St John Ambulance straight away. It was good he was able to walk off but he looked very dazed.
Certainly worth a yellow, imo, which the ref bottled as Kolasinac already had a yellow.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Glad Schelotto looked okay at the end, but,

What we witnessed 2nd half was unashamed officiating in favour of a top 6 side as you’re ever likely to see. Stephens booking, not even a foul for the Schelotto challenge, goal kicks instead of corners, it was embarrassing because it was so obvious. We were so good though it didn’t matter, thankfully.

This was exactly my thought the ref had a good first half but looked so biased second half

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That was my opinion and obviously the refs because he gave a throw in. I saw it as just a clash of heads both going for the ball.
That pretty much confirms it shouldn't have been a booking.
Ridiculous all the baying and shouting for a red card.
I know you've been to football matches before, have you just forgotten them all?

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Thought it was an unfortunate clash of heads seeing it live but having now got home and seen it again it's a clear shoulder into the side of Shelotto's head. Yellow card all day long if not a red.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
That was my opinion and obviously the refs because he gave a throw in. I saw it as just a clash of heads both going for the ball. Ridiculous all the baying and shouting for a red card.

You may need to watch it again because from 3 of the 4 angles ive seen its not head to head. Its shoulder to head.

Look at this one
https://twitter.com/Carlbhafc/statu...y|twsrc^android|twgr^copy|twcon^7090|twterm^3
Only the linesmans view could give the angle thag might be believed to be head to head.

The only thing in the defenders favour is at the point of contact he is looking at the ball.

In my view and given what had happened a few mins earlier (schelotto foul on the same defender) i would have thought an easy yellow to give

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Several hundred watching in the north concourse after were AGHAST :eek: that it wasn't a straight red.

Happy to watch replays and be proved wrong, this time however every angle cemented it as a straight red for me, it’s not 1962 FFS. Do people really not know the laws of the game, or perhaps never played to know when someone has actually ‘done someone’. Dreadful challenge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here