Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto injury

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe not season-long but I am absolutely convinced if it had been one of our players there would be retrospective action. It's a total farce that Hemed should get banned for his 'stamp' yet that reckless assault on Sunday goes unpunished.

It most certainly wasn't a 'reckless assault' as you put it. Doubtless l will be mullered for saying it, but l don't even think it was a foul. Sometimes I think we all need to take our blue and white striped shades off and not feel so hard done by We won the game, there was no lasting injury to Schelotto, so let's just get on with it!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did anybody WANT any ban?

Arsenal’s next FIVE PL matches are against the bottom half. Want everything going for them now our game is out of the way!
I think that could be our clubs view of it. Our game is done, let Arsenal be at full strength against our rivals. As things currently stand, I don't really agree with that view for 2 reasons. Firstly, I think we should complain when our players are on the wrong end of bad challenges, as I don't want our club getting a reputation for being an easy target who won't complain. Secondly, challenges like that are dangerous, and players making them should be made an example of to reduce challenges like that in the future.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It most certainly wasn't a 'reckless assault' as you put it. Doubtless l will be mullered for saying it, but l don't even think it was a foul. Sometimes I think we all need to take our blue and white striped shades off and not feel so hard done by
Leaving that game I assumed it was a 50/50 challenge and an accidental clash of heads. This is nothing to do with tinted specs. I realised it wasn't 50/50 and wasn't an accidental clash of heads when I saw all the replays. I wince when I see the replays because it's so bad.

Even Dermot 'back up my fellow ref' Gallagher thought he should have been sent off. It was reckless, it was deliberate.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Did anybody WANT any ban?

Arsenal’s next FIVE PL matches are against the bottom half. Want everything going for them now our game is out of the way!

I agree I was purely commentating on the disparity between decisions against the establishment and the newbies

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It most certainly wasn't a 'reckless assault' as you put it. Doubtless l will be mullered for saying it, but l don't even think it was a foul. Sometimes I think we all need to take our blue and white striped shades off and not feel so hard done by We won the game, there was no lasting injury to Schelotto, so let's just get on with it!

Whilst we can often be myopic over decisions against us, and I wouldn't agree with referees making decisions on the basis of outcomes*, I think you may need to have a closer look. It was definitely a foul. People were excusing Kolasinac because he was looking at the ball, but when you watch in slow motion you can see that he does glance at Schelotto before the coming together and then looks away again. He doesn't pull out of the challenge, but does adjust his body to protect himself and ensure that he hits Schelotto with his shoulder. Definite foul, should have been, at least, a yellow card. The referee was wrong and his application of the rules was also not consistent with his previous decision to penalise and caution Stephens for a challenge less reckless than this one.

* - See Brendan Malone's terrible decision to send off Calde against Newport as well as you know who's 'Oooh there is blood!' over-reaction at the Riverside.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Nowhere near as bad as the one Stephens was booked for. That was horrible.

Noah All

Jan 2, 2018
The shed
I just hope Schelotto is ok, plays at Everton, has a good game and we win.

Then we can move on - forgive but not forget - as Schelotto himself has done.

PS I thought it was a reckless foul and at least a yellow card.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nowhere near as bad as the one Stephens was booked for. That was horrible.

Eh!? Is that sarcasm? Stephens made the best tackle of the entire Arsenal game, and got booked for it...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Mind boggling there's still complete numpties saying it wasn't a foul! Ffs how do these people get through life?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Conversely you could change that to numpties who thin k it was a foul when the authorities have indicated otherwise.

Stop being an idiot. They (apart from Stuart Attwell at the time) have indicated absolutely no such thing.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Conversely you could change that to numpties who think it was a foul when the authorities, who by their lack of further action, have indicated otherwise.

Are you suggesting a referee can't have made a mistake?

When I first saw it from WSU I thought 100% not a foul.

I then saw a replay and realised I was wrong.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Eh!? Is that sarcasm? Stephens made the best tackle of the entire Arsenal game, and got booked for it...

It was as sarcastic as Mr Sarcastic the Sarcastic professor from Sarcastic University who has recently discovered the Sarcasm gene and is presenting a Sarcasm seminar at Sarcasmfest 2018.

Quite easy to miss.*

*sarcasm

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here