Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We have to now face facts

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We are a VERY VERY good side!

This is no fluke being in this position.

In all the years I have been watching brighton, since 1974, that ranks on a par with the result at Livpool in the 1983 cup run. That was probably our best ever league result and certainly the best I have seen.

We have a brilliant goalkeeper
We have a very powerful defence and in Dunk, arguably one of the best defenders in the league.
We have a competent and skilful midfield who can play through and stifle a lot of sides in this division.
We have a fabulous set of attackers and wingers who are capable of scoring at will....Murray is just incredible if you think about it.
We have a set of players sat on the bench who can step straight in to this unit.

We have a manager, who is quietly fantastic and knows this division inside out.

We have an owner who is a fan through and through and a coaching staff who are extremely talented.

If you are not excited as hell at this the moment, you really do need to be.

Magnificent scenes. Magnificent result and mangnificent support

It was a great result but we were playing an Arsenal team definitely on the slide. Beating Nottingham Forest on their own patch when they were reigning European Cup holders and ending their 50 odd home game run without defeat was better (then doing the double on them by winning 1-0 at home).

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
from Palace........

"Well I think it’s safe to say that Brighton will stay up (a grudging well done)
They still have a load of hard games coming up but today’s 3 points basically have assured them safety.
We could really do with 3 points Tomorrow to keep us above water.
I think injuries though will ultimately have cost us, and a window of poor implementation when really we needed to slash the cash (I know that’s not a great long term strategy, but you want to play in the big boy league, you have to pay big boy prices)
Expect lots of banter / grief when we go down and Brighton stay up."

"Still sucks though when your biggest rival (who have just come up) are looking good to stay in the Premier League, with a nice new stadium and training facilities to attract players (and being in a nice part of the world (Sussex) ) where we might end up in the Championship, loosing our best players at knock down prices and taking 5 years to get back .. that said, I to will always support come rain or shine, and a nice new stand to look forward to hopefully."

"I understand they have a state-of the art training complex which is in Lancing and they have a 'Category One' academy as opposed to our 'Category Two'.They also have a modern stadium and the team looks well set to survive.Sad to admit that in a number of areas we are lagging behind them"

"Imagine,

You are on your knees. trousers by ankles.

A Brighton supporter is behind you. Hard.

There is no lubricant to hand.

There is a queue of Brighton fans

It is gonna hurt"

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Yes we were very good today. Worth noting all 14 players who played today were here before the January transfer window, when quite a few on NSC were saying that we weren't good enough.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looks very much like we're finally PL Ready, on the pitch as well as off. Showed Arsenal zero respect, which is how it should be if you're going to compete. Massive achievement by the players. :bowdown:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We are a VERY VERY good side!

This is no fluke being in this position.

In all the years I have been watching brighton, since 1974, that ranks on a par with the result at Livpool in the 1983 cup run. That was probably our best ever league result and certainly the best I have seen.

We have a brilliant goalkeeper
We have a very powerful defence and in Dunk, arguably one of the best defenders in the league.
We have a competent and skilful midfield who can play through and stifle a lot of sides in this division.
We have a fabulous set of attackers and wingers who are capable of scoring at will....Murray is just incredible if you think about it.
We have a set of players sat on the bench who can step straight in to this unit.

We have a manager, who is quietly fantastic and knows this division inside out.

We have an owner who is a fan through and through and a coaching staff who are extremely talented.

If you are not excited as hell at this the moment, you really do need to be.

Magnificent scenes. Magnificent result and mangnificent support
Yes, that's all very well, but we can't keep brushing all the faults and negatives under the carpet like that................

:lol:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Agree with all that. I thought that was easily the best we have played in this league so far and the players were rightly delighted when that final whistle went. I feel nothing but pride tonight for the team, manager and board. Onwards and upwards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have to now face facts - Another week on here without palace fans or Kevtherev.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You look back and remember the 78 team; Horton, Lawrenson, Ward and Mellor and all the rest. All legends.

This team will be the same.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I agree with everything said on this thread. We are very very good and, if we stay up, just need to get the assurance and confidence to kill games. I am sure that will come, but boy oh boy today, in the first 40 minutes in particular, we were spectacular! If the goal in the second half hadn't been marginally offside , that would have been a contender for team goal of the season.

Warm warm glow inside today...that may be the soup but then again.........

TNBA

TTF

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Yes we were very good today. Worth noting all 14 players who played today were here before the January transfer window, when quite a few on NSC were saying that we weren't good enough.
Only negative twits on NSC. Those of us who choose to be positive are being richly rewarded.

Do the people who questioned Chris Hughton in December feel a bit silly now?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Just incredible. Not in my wildest dreams did i think we'd be 10th with 9 to play and playing such lovely football. I know it's still relatively tight, but still, we're above some big teams: Everton were the 5th biggest spenders in EUROPE last summer. Just goes to show what a remarkable job our scouts have done over recent years. What a squad we have now.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Agree totally. Makes the negativity of some of the paying punters in the east stand even more frustrating. Today we had someone having a go at Murray for holding the ball and keeping it under our control in our box after 4 mins.

Just think that through. Rollocking our own player in minute 4? For a forward holding the ball innour box? Retaining possession?

Some people....

The said negatives also managed to manhandle a lady at half time who had commented to her partner about their effs and jeffs in the family stand.

So pleased therefore to read the OPs positive thtead

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
What a result, everyone was immense. Players superb and crowd too, most staying to the final whistle. On that show we deserve to be in the top flight. Buzzing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here