Izquierdo - 8
Gross - 8
Murray - 8

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Islington Gazette....

Arsenal

Petr Cech: 5 – A legend past his best. The 21st century Arsenal equivalent of Pat Jennings.

Calum Chambers: 5 – Really hasn’t kicked on after his initial promise. Disappointing to see a young player lose his way so badly.

Shkodran Mustafi: 5 – Poor defensive positioning and a lack of spirit. Again.

Laurent Koscielny: 5.5 – Hit the post with a header when he could have equalised before the interval but another who had an under-par day on the south coast.

Sead Kolasinac: 5 – Cast as the villain after contact with Ezequiel Schelotto in the second half but always had his eye on the ball. Something you couldn’t always accuse him of doing when tasked with his defensive duties.

Granit Xhaka: 4 - Nowhere near as influential as he was required to be, creatively or defensively. Who on earth agreed to pay £35 million for a player who has failed to consistently impress?

Jack Wilshere: 5 – At least looks like he cares. The fact he will probably be leaving as the club won’t offer him a salary commensurate to his talents is just another sad indictment on the club’s hierarchy.

Henrik Mkhitaryan: 4 – Another who has had an extremely poor week.

Mesut Ozil: 4 – The talented German gave the shirt he wore at Wembley to a six-year-old lad. Wags joked it probably didn’t need washing. If that was the case after his poor display against Manchester City during the Carabao Cup final then the same applied at Brighton.

Alex Iwobi: 4 – Sad to see him singularly fail to deliver on the promise of his debut season two years ago. Which is a very long time for a player to continue to play so badly for the first team of one of the world’s biggest football clubs.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 4 – Netted his first away goal in Arsenal colours but offered little apart from rare flashes of his undoubted talent and pace.

Brighton and Hove Albion

Mathew Ryan: 7

Gaetan Bong: 7

Lewis Dunk: 8.5

Dale Stephens: 7 (!!!!)

Anthony Knockaert: 7.5

Pascal Gross: 7 (!!!!)

Glenn Murray: 8

Jose Izquierdo: 7

Ezequiel Schelotto: 7

Shane Duffy: 7

Davy Propper: 7 (!!!!)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I thought we were all immense today - a wonderful TEAM effort. The side has grown into the Premier League and now looks pretty much like it belongs there. I didn't think that after last season's "together" stuff that we could improve because I thought that taking a couple of players out of the squad may upset the balance but it's been proved that the backroom boys do their due diligence properly - we look more balanced than ever.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 8 - Another wonderful display, if you take his kicking out of the equation (which was below par today).
Schelotto 7 - a solid game, albeit with the odd stray pass added in. Looks like he's got the right flank to himself at times, but he's always looking to drive forward which gives us an attacking impetus we've struggled with down that side this season.
Duffy 7 - A good display defensively, their goal aside. Still struggling with the ball, and still manages to miss his obligatory easy chance from a corner every game.
Dunk 8 - A goal and a good defensive display with some expansive passing.
Bong 8 - His usual self with the ball (not so good) and his usual self defensively (very good). In this particular game, the latter was the key factor.
Knockaert 7.5 - Barely lost the ball, which is positive, and defensively he was excellent. I just think he still looks like he's struggling to release the ball quickly enough when going forward and often slows attacks right down. His quality in the final third is also not of the same level of our other three main attacking players.
Stephens 7 - Grew into the game after losing the ball a couple of times early on. Good defensively and recycled the ball well from then on. A ridiculous booking (for the ref to give).
Propper 8 - Very good positionally and defensively. The only real flaw was that he gave the ball away a few too many times for my liking.
Izquierdo 7.5 - One of his weaker games for us, but still a threat/outlet throughout. Should've done better in terms of getting a couple of his shots on target from good positions, but kept them backtracking throughout.
Gross 8 - A star. A beautiful ball for Murray's goal, and played a number of other key passes. Worked well defensively too to keep a solid shape.
Murray 9 - My MOTM. Just an all round, dominant display. Now that we have runners off of him, he looks like the target man he did in the Championship.

Subs: -
Bruno 7 - Did a solid job when he came on.
March 7 - A tactical substitution that paid off. Kept the shape well.
Kayal 6 - Probably the weakest of the subs for me but, again, he kept the shape as he needed to.

Hughton 9 - Much better. It was clear that the defensive structure was still there, but he let the players off the leash a bit and the results were there for all to see.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Duffy and Murray were the stand out players for me but the whole team could easily be 8's just a brave fantastic game from the lads.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan 7

Schelotto 7
Bong 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 8

Izquerido 7
Knockaert 8
Stephens 7
Propper 8