Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which of our players are most likely to be targets of other clubs?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We could have sold 40-50k seats for some games this season, tickets are like gold dust, especially now, so technically we're bigger than most PL clubs anyway. Is there anyone we fancy taking from Chelsea or Everton?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He will certainly attract bigger clubs. Fortunately though I don't think Chris is a man to break a contract.

He knows that he has job security few other Premier League clubs will offer him. Besides, I think he likes it here.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
All of them?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Slightly controversial I know, but I think Dunk is one player we should encourage to leave. Not that I want him to go of course, but that fella is destined for bigger things, notably England caps. He is tailor made for Arsenal who need to rebuild, and they'd pay a huge fee for him. If not them, then I'd be surprised if other big clubs didn't snap him up.

Part of my reasoning is wanting the best for a player who has excelled for us for years, and part of it is because I have absolute faith in our recruitment team to bring in another top drawer replacement for about a tenth of the fee we'd get for him.

In fact come to think of it, I'd be more worried if bigger clubs came sniffing around the recruitment team than our players, who ultimately do come and go anyway.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Slightly controversial I know, but I think Dunk is one player we should encourage to leave. Not that I want him to go of course, but that fella is destined for bigger things, notably England caps. He is tailor made for Arsenal who need to rebuild, and they'd pay a huge fee for him. If not them, then I'd be surprised if other big clubs didn't snap him up.

Part of my reasoning is wanting the best for a player who has excelled for us for years, and part of it is because I have absolute faith in our recruitment team to bring in another top drawer replacement for about a tenth of the fee we'd get for him.

In fact come to think of it, I'd be more worried if bigger clubs came sniffing around the recruitment team than our players, who ultimately do come and go anyway.

He deserves a move to bigger club to enhance his career, Arsenal would be an excellent move for him.

larus

Similar to my thoughts. Dunk has done us proud and if he has the opportunity to play at a higher level (European games and the chance of English caps), then he should take it. If this happened, I very much hope he would be treated well on games back here.

As you say - it’s the recruitment team which is crucial. Look at the gems they keep unearthing/signing for small money (Gross, Propper, Knockaert). OK, Izquierdo was £13.5m, but that still looks cheap to me. I’m looking forward to seeing what Locadia can really do, as I think him, Izquierdo and Knockaert will have some fun.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If Gross was at a top 6 side they would not stop banging on about how many assists he has and how good he is.

Didn't he pick up another 2 assists today? Does that make him highest non Man City player for assists? What a bargain.

Edit: Only 1 assist today, what a waste of money.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think Dunk will go - I hope that's it. Luckily we are quite well off for centre-backs. We can use the money wisely in other areas.

I can see us coming under pressure to lose Gross but hopefully we can see that off.

There was plenty of talk about Izzy's mindset early on - his performances have been brilliant but we don't know how he is settling in outside of the football. Obviously at the other end of it, there would be players that would be likely to leave (for a fee or not) as well e.g Bruno, Hemed, Skalak, Rosenior

But overall I would be confident that we will strengthen as we have in recent seasons

Last edited:

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Dunk and Gross.

Dunk around £30m to Arsenal, Gross £15m to Everton

Future England centre half? got to be £50 plus add on's in this market.Gross to Leicester for £ 25 m Knocy to a big spending Championship club and we buy Oliver Burke £20 m from a relegated WBA as his replacement. Just saying like.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We could have sold 40-50k seats for some games this season, tickets are like gold dust, especially now, so technically we're bigger than most PL clubs anyway. Is there anyone we fancy taking from Chelsea or Everton?

But there were shed loads of empty seats... I would guess at least 1500 and that includes the south stand which generally are non STHs....

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If Dunk wants to go then sure we should not stand in his way but to encourage him to go? no way best player this season and a big part of us staying up. Story would be the same next year as well.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All of them if the other clubs have any sense.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here