Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Match Of The Day 2 - 4/3/2018 - Official Thread

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As always in the National media, the story is Arsenal's troubles. It is all about Wenger. They lost....for the third time!

Who did they lose to? As if that mattered........:ffsparr:

MOTD was very good about us before they got on to Arsenal. Shearer chose to eulogise about our midfield pairing, but they said it could have been our centre backs, our wingers......

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
MOTD was very good about us before they got on to Arsenal. Shearer chose to eulogise about our midfield pairing, but they said it could have been our centre backs, our wingers......

I agree, lots of praise for Albion, they had to continue the Arsene narrative but didn’t think that was at the expense of highlighting how good we were.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We are first on and Shearer will be doing analysis on how good Stephens and Propper are. Section on Dunk and Duffy too. Couple with arsenal abject first half performance. `

Good knowledge!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One thing that has surprised me over the past few months is how Stephens' contribution is being ignored. He turns in excellent performances, week after week, and there's not been a peep about him as an England candidate. There aren't dozens of English midfielders who are better.

England is managed by a ex palace manager and palace fan. Dunk Murray and Stephens will get nowhere near ghe English set up

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought it was a great watch. I was especially pleased that after the Wenger bashing (which came after a long segment about the Albion), they came back and highlighted how GREAT Hughton is. They didn't have to do that, to be fair...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Do you remember when all we used to get was 15 seconds of grainy head-in-hands near-miss 1 nil home reverses on South Today after Saints, Pompey and Bournouth.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Loved seeing Arsenal's last 'shot' on target.

Ryan catches the ball at knee height (his not everybody else's) and 2 yards behind Duffy is there ready to head the ball away. :lol: :facepalm:

Yes - but did you see how Dunky was trying to get a touch on it in front of Ryan? - which would have put it nicely in the corner for his 5th own goal! He had a pretty good go at getting one in the first half as well.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Do you remember when all we used to get was 15 seconds of grainy head-in-hands near-miss 1 nil home reverses on South Today after Saints, Pompey and Bournouth.

And now we get 15 seconds of Premier League victories on South-East Today after Gillingham and Charlton.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ian Palmer always talks enthusiastically about Brighton and reports our games, before Charlton & Gillingham. He's originally from Bristol, so I don't think he's particularly a fan.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Woke up this morning and shoved SSN on while having a cup of tea, and little ol' Brighton kept coming up. Still can't quite believe it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes - but did you see how Dunky was trying to get a touch on it in front of Ryan? - which would have put it nicely in the corner for his 5th own goal!
Wouldn't have counted (as an own goal) as it was on target.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
To be fair, their entire defence gave a display- in the first half at least- so shambolic as to rival any seen at the Amex since it opened.

I can only think of Leeds United under Steve Evans, perhaps (4-0 at half time?) being quite so pathetically accommodating. It was marvellous to watch.

PS: we were also superb at that point too.

The Leeds match was epic. I was sitting on my sofa in Warwick with my best mate who is a Leeds fan and my son who was about 7 at the time. How we mocked my mate.

Arsenal were a complete shambles. We should have been out of sight. Jose was brilliant yesterday until he decided to shoot rather than pass it square. Obviously he passed it once but he was offside.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
True, and they have all the time in the world as in the BBC SE region we're not competing for time with Stains, Pompey & Plucky.

Laziness about travelling down from Tunbridge Wells HQ?

Living just outside Southampton, we actually get quite good coverage on BBC South,,,

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Ian Palmer always talks enthusiastically about Brighton and reports our games, before Charlton & Gillingham. He's originally from Bristol, so I don't think he's particularly a fan.

He’s very professional but I’m not sure I’ve seen Ian Palmer report enthusiastically about anything!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He’s very professional but I’m not sure I’ve seen Ian Palmer report enthusiastically about anything!

Last season, he was enthusing about us calling a win, a 'magnificent win' (around 7am) but he calmed it down in the following bulletins to a very good win.
It struck me that he was told not to be so over the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here