Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest single result since Hereford?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No, it was a bit of good fun with no real pressure. The swansea win was more important but not as much fun

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not even on the same page. you cant compare the 2 fixtures.........:facepalm:

No. It's 3 points closer to survival against a side that's devoid of confidence and have now lost 8 games since the start of 2018.

As others have said, the games that helped us make today's League fixture possible are more significant. Today was a bit of a free hit.

The question was 'since Hereford' ........

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No. An important win, but no more than that.

Absolutely NOT

No, but a great result that could see a second term in the Premier League.

There is no game that will eclipse that one at Hereford that can be beaten in terms of importance. Not even an FA Cup, premier title or Champions League final win would beat it..

All of the above, especially Mr Weir's comment. Today's win is fantastic.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
All of the above, especially Mr Weir's comment. Today's win is fantastic.

Indeed, but Mr Weir wasn't answering the question posed. I asked SINCE Hereford ....

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I believe you had a PM once who said "This victory is not the end. This is not the beginning of the end. But this is the end of the beginning."

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The question was 'since Hereford' ........

Understood. The games that I was referring to were post-Hereford in the long trips to Gillingham, gettjng soaked at Withdean before finally coming home.

We kept the faith and it's been richly rewarded in our progression through the divisions.

Today was really the top team win cherry on the Premier League promotion icing on the Albion cake.

It's undeniably sweet to taste, but it was 20 years in the making and probably tastes all the better for that.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Understood. The games that I was referring to were post-Hereford in the long trips to Gillingham, gettjng soaked at Withdean before finally coming home.

We kept the faith and it's been richly rewarded in our progression through the divisions.

Today was really the top team win cherry on the Premier League promotion icing on the Albion cake.

It's undeniably sweet to taste, but it was 20 years in the making and probably tastes all the better for that.

Perfect, thank you. These were the kind of answers I was looking for, rather than "no" or "you're an idiot"

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Even still no. Many other games just as important. This was 3 points. Arguably over the years many more important games have been played

Absolutely to both of you. I still think today was the BIGGEST win

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don’t think so, but it’s not really about the importance. One of the most memorable in my lifetime, yes.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It’s nowhere near as important. In fact there are probably 15-20 more important results in the period that I’ve been going since 1989. But I would say that is probably the BEST result in that time, so the best in a generation. Beating Arsenal at home in the league, we haven’t had a result like that since the very early 80’s.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It certainly draws a comparison to another memorable similar Sunday afternoon result against one of the big 6.
Different circumstances but not in the same bracket as far as importance goes.
More than happy with today's win all the same.
This could well be a defining day in our history though so I get your point.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yet another vote for No here. It was a great result against the bottom club of The Top Six, but doesn't have any obvious greater Albion historical significence.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Not even the same league as Hereford in terms of importance. Our club was on the verge of extinction not fighting an outside change of relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here