Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
First time this season I've believed we can stay up. Might even keep up my SKY TV subscription for another year after toying with ditching it!!

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
Came out the toilet oneils in seville thought we were 3.0 up. Let out a loud cheer. Didn't realise for a good few minutes it was disallowed. But still happy and proud

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Amazing how so many people on here were throwing in the towel, after we failed to bring in a striker at the end of the transfer window.

As it happens, it looks like we would survive anyway without Locadia, though its great to have him anyway.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Amazing how so many people on here were throwing in the towel, after we failed to bring in a striker at the end of the transfer window.

As it happens, it looks like we would survive anyway without Locadia, though its great to have him anyway.

I kind of agree, but I also think muzza has upped his game since the signing of Locadia.
I'd liked to have seen what Locadia could've done against that Arsenal defence when we were on the offensive.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes Trig, would be been nice to see how the Arsen all defence dealt with him, and to keep the ball in their end.
It was the last straw when Murray was through 1 on 1 with the keeper and he decided to turn back. And I'm not knocking Murray, another great game, another great goal, he deserved to start, but at the end when we were desperately holding on to our one goal advantage, we needed to break with pace.

I cannot understand why Jurgen didn't come on for Glenn.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It was the last straw when Murray was through 1 on 1 with the keeper and he decided to turn back. And I'm not knocking Murray, another great game, another great goal, he deserved to start, but at the end when we were desperately holding on to our one goal advantage, we needed to break with pace.

It's one of those mysterious CH conundrums.
You have to admire the decisions he makes, for whatever reason.
He may have thought that GM would be best suited for Arsenals mediocre defence, even if he was tiring towards the end, their defence were mostly pushing up for the equaliser.
He could've brought JL on, but I'm guessing there's a reasoning to keep him fresh for the run in, especially with the better defences coming up, together with LU, making an impact, but that's just IMO.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

Because Murray was doing a brilliant job holding the ball up and winning free kicks, which was also running the clock down. It also gave the team a breather to reorganise. He new he didn't have the pace from the halfway line to get a 1 on 1 with the goalie in that situation.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Screenshot_20180304-170910.png

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm hoping all this will be flagged up on MOTD tonight

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

No chance, they will be focussing on Arsenal.

Edit: They will be focussing on Wenger.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I think the new players have made the others step up, and they also have the options to confidently go forward, I think the phrase is freshening up the squad.
I don't think we would be where we are without our January signings, not knocking the others, apart from a couple of games they have been great.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I think the new players have made the others step up, and they also have the options to confidently go forward, I think the phrase is freshening up the squad.
I don't think we would be where we are without our January signings, not knocking the others, apart from a couple of games they have been great.

Spot on!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What planet are you on? It will be all about the crisis at Arsenal, and what should be done about Wenger. There's nothing else important to discuss really.

Probably. The media now have their story, did not quite have it against City, but they have now and it will go on and on.
As for the Arsenal fans, any remaining Wenger fans have lost, losing to Brighton is a watershed moment.
But the pundits tonight will praise Brighton, they have no choice, especially first half, some of the passing was more like ice hockey than football,

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here