Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
May have been said by others as not read the thread.

Embarrassed by the number of “can I have your shirt” signs.

How can we put a stop to it?

Like this. Hopefully any Arsenal wankers in the home stands will be shuffling off long before full time.

Sadly, the dopes my wife spoke to were apparently Albion kids at the front of the East asking for Ozil's shirt, as they had a German father. They obviously had no idea we have a German in our team, too!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Went for a beer in the away end after the game and spotted this great Manuel Petit tribute act. [emoji23]��.
7c0855b0eedf1997d36a8e39a9287002.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Don't think he's quite grasped the "half'n'half" idea.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The one I brought to the game was, and is, a gent. We left on 85 minutes (just thought I mention that in case one of the stay-nazis need something to raise up their blood pressure to a level compatible with some sort of life). Earlier I was welling up when we went 2-0 up. Rosenior on radio 5 was a treat after the game, and CH when interviewed was his usual measured self.That was one hell of an afternoon. I'm so proud of my club, and so happy with everything about it. :rave::love::ascarf:

Radio5 was great afterwards, dedicating it seemed a non stop hour to Brighton and Arsenal chat. (With zero on zzzzz ManC & Chelsea). Rosenoir was very articulate as usual.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Radio5 was great afterwards, dedicating it seemed a non stop hour to Brighton and Arsenal chat. (With zero on zzzzz ManC & Chelsea). Rosenoir was very articulate as usual.

Waited a long time for days like today. The history makers

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hughtons on his tenth piece of gum.
My daughter was next to me in the ground desperately trying to scrounge some gum off someone. She cried when the final whistle went.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Someone didn't go to Hereford! :p
The pain from that day is not easily forgotten. It felt like a close member of family had died. Today was a walk in the park.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because Murray was doing a brilliant job holding the ball up and winning free kicks
He won a free kick with one minute to go. How many others did he win in the last half hour? Not having Izzy or Locadia at half way when Arsenal were attacking meant they could attack with 10 men and not worry about leaving anyone behind to defend.
He new he didn't have the pace from the halfway line to get a 1 on 1 with the goalie in that situation.
No I know he didn't. Locadia would have.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
TBF I thought it was a very strange decision.
Knocky was playing really well and Murray was knackered. I would have taken Murray off for Locadia or maybe even Ulloa.
But what do I know?

Sounds about right but, whatever he decides is what he decides and being petulant won't change it and put him in a bad light.
Togetherness and co operation.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sounds about right but, whatever he decides is what he decides and being petulant won't change it and put him in a bad light.
Togetherness and co operation.
Yes, but players aren't machines. Just as Dunk is fully committed and used to get booked a lot, Knocky is passionate and desperate to do well, and that means that he gets frustrated easily. He was clearly still feeling up for the game and preparing himself for his next run etc, and to suddenly be told the day is over for him is enough to burst his bubble. He doesn't take it out on the other players, he high fived them on the way off, and greeted March etc, and was straight onto the pitch to celebrate with them all at the end.

Just as when Schelotto was poleaxed, Knocky was fuming and Dunk and Duffy took it in turns to keep him away from the Arsenal players. The team know what he's like and no doubt accept his passion overflowing at times.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yes, but players aren't machines. Just as Dunk is fully committed and used to get booked a lot, Knocky is passionate and desperate to do well, and that means that he gets frustrated easily. He was clearly still feeling up for the game and preparing himself for his next run etc, and to suddenly be told the day is over for him is enough to burst his bubble. He doesn't take it out on the other players, he high fived them on the way off, and greeted March etc, and was straight onto the pitch to celebrate with them all at the end.

Just as when Schelotto was poleaxed, Knocky was fuming and Dunk and Duffy took it in turns to keep him away from the Arsenal players. The team know what he's like and no doubt accept his passion overflowing at times.

Could be channeled to better use.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Could be channeled to better use.
What can he really do with it once of the pitch? Try too hard to take it out of him, and you lose the spark that makes him go during the game.

With time he'll probably mature and learn to control it better, but I don't think it's the big issue fans think it is. He's just like us fans that wet the bed a bit when the footy's not going well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here