Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] C. Ronaldo- 301 La Liga goals

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Whatever you think about this guy, and i'm pretty indifferent, his record is absolutely staggering.
From Sky...
Europe’s top 5 leagues – 300+ top division goals for a single club:

372 Lionel Messi – Barcelona (408 apps)
365 Gerd Muller – Bayern (427)
310 Dixie Dean – Everton (362)
301 Cristiano Ronaldo – R. Madrid (286)

301 goals in 286 games!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Surely the usual argument - that a significant percentage of those goals down the years are against the minnows of La Liga - Las Palmas, Malaga, Alaves etc. detracts somewhat. Arguably the least competitive European league.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Surely the usual argument - that a significant percentage of those goals down the years are against the minnows of La Liga - Las Palmas, Malaga, Alaves etc. detracts somewhat. Arguably the least competitive European league.

I don't agree with that, but in any case, he's got 101 goals in 95 games in the Champions League for Real Madrid, which is a better goals-per-game ratio than his La Liga record.

Still doing the business at 33 years of age - 30 goals in 32 games for the season.

Neither him nor Messi are as good as they once were, but they are still by far the two best players I've ever seen in my life.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Biggest cheat in the football world. And he stitched up England in the Euros. Surely you've got to be a man u fan if you are English and like him.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Biggest cheat in the football world. And he stitched up England in the Euros. Surely you've got to be a man u fan if you are English and like him.

Nope.
We are blessed that in the same generation we have both him and Messi. I haven't seen anything in the crop of players coming through now that will get remotely close to them 2.

larus

You don’t have to like him to be able to respect his achievements. He’s worked very hard at his game, works incredibly hard on health/fitness and has reaped the rewards for it.

Compare him to Rooney/Gascogne - say no more really.

All (well most) players cheat to some degree anyway, so I fail to see why that should detract from his record.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I don't agree with that, but in any case, he's got 101 goals in 95 games in the Champions League for Real Madrid, which is a better goals-per-game ratio than his La Liga record.

Still doing the business at 33 years of age - 30 goals in 32 games for the season.

Neither him nor Messi are as good as they once were, but they are still by far the two best players I've ever seen in my life.

And it's no coincidence that the two players you mention have reaped their rewards playing for two teams who year on year cream off the elite players from the top clubs in Europe, the very clubs they face in the Champions League, their goal scoring assisted by the absolute best money can buy, whether in their uncompetitive domestic league or on the wider stage. Paradoxically I don't mind CR as a person, but I can't fawn over his goal scoring stats.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
And it's no coincidence that the two players you mention have reaped their rewards playing for two teams who year on year cream off the elite players from the top clubs in Europe, the very clubs they face in the Champions League, their goal scoring assisted by the absolute best money can buy, whether in their uncompetitive domestic league or on the wider stage. Paradoxically I don't mind CR as a person, but I can't fawn over his goal scoring stats.

What’s your point? That you can’t respect their records because they’re the best players playing for the best teams?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

So? Messi and Ronaldo consistently score a goal a game at the highest level, against the best teams in the world, and they have done so pretty much every season for the last 10 years. Who else comes remotely close to that? No one. Even Bale and Benzema at Madrid, or Suarez and (formally) Neymar at Barca can't get even close to their level or goal scoring stats. Part of the reason WHY Madrid and Barca have dominated in recent years is precisely BECAUSE of Messi and Ronaldo. Whenever they don't play, they struggle. Just enjoy watching them why they are still playing - you might not ever see any players as good in your lifetime again.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Great player. Strange, narcissistic freak of a person though. What kind of bloke has a stunning "girlfriend" but chooses to have kids by a surrogate mother? There's something of the Cliff Richard about him for sure.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Great player. Strange, narcissistic freak of a person though. What kind of bloke has a stunning "girlfriend" but chooses to have kids by a surrogate mother? There's something of the Cliff Richard about him for sure.
I think this thread is about his footballing skills and achievements. I couldn't care less if he was married to a tortoise called Colin.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012

either: 1 who doesn't want to ruin her good looks by her having kids or 1 who wants to keep his kids & doesn't want his fortune robbed by her clearing off after having his

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here