Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Around 48 minutes in.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Presenter moaning about Burnley who have a huge history.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
O.K. Burnley fans won't like this.

Also, I counted the word 'massive' used at least 8 times.

Fair play to the caller though, he is arguing Wednesday is more massive than Man City and does not focus on little ole Brighton that much.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hilarious. Talking about their record attendance. Wiki has that in 1934.....

It's such a redundant discussion.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
O.K. Burnley fans won't like this.

Also, I counted the word 'massive' used at least five times.

That just made the debate beautiful.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Bottom line, we're premier league, they're not. End of discussion. **** them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The Wednesday fan was very proud of the fact that the Massive had attracted a record attendance for the third tier.

As Harry Pearson once said, the fact that some clubs gett huge crowds in the lower divisions just proves how many people are stupid enough to pay good money to watch sh*te.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Call starts at 48:35, feckwittery starts at 51:48.
It's hilarious. MASSIVE club mentioned numerous times. Savage absolutely destroys the argument. And that kinda shows how weak the argument was.

"Sheffield United have a higher average attendance than Wednesday this season, should they be in the Premier League?" "But! But! They're doing well...".

Man alive. It's painful.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Presenter said, "Sheffield Wednesday should be in the Premier League because they have a 'massive' fan base." And that teams like Massive Wednesday should take the place of teams with smaller average attendances who are currently in the Premier League, like Brighton.

:lolol: we've averaged more than them for quite a few years now

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Jeez, what a STROKER! Yet MORE people getting obsessed with the number of people watching football in a stadium!

BBC 1 and 2 were 'Premier League' entertainment sources back in the day, but now they'd be mid-table Championship. If you want to continue the analogy, let's talk show viewing figures, compared with Sky/Netflix subscriptions...

IMO the presenter shouldn't be getting involved in it all, but as has already been pointed out, they've got to be seen as 'controversial'!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why does the Beeb try and compete with the tabloid Murdoch radio of Talkshite?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why does the Beeb try and compete with the tabloid Murdoch radio of Talkshite?

Yes, so transparent, it puts me off listening to what was once a good programme. Last week, they kept a caller on (supported one of the big 6 can't remember who), who in my opinion quite likely had special needs of some sort. The bloke was ridiculous in his opinions and the presenters were clearly enjoying taking the pee. Don't mind that myself but something is wrong if the person is clearly hindered by a disability. It smacks of sensationalist exploitation.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It was pretty funny.
I didn't think any Wednesday fan would be so idiotic to use the term Massive on 606.
Clueless.

JM's argument seemed to be about not having full stadiums.
It would have been a fair point, if there is a problem selling tickets for premier league games.

Is there a problem? or was JM just provoking a row?

I was surprised to see so many empty seats on MOTD for the Southampton/Stoke game, but I guess the weather was to blame there.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Yorkshire.The centre of the universe. It’s a beautiful place ruined by the Sheffield Wednesday fans in it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here