Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton’s honest approach strikes a chord at Brighton (Guardian Article)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We won't lose Chris to a top 6 club, as everybody knows that you have to be foreign to go to any of them, technically he is Irish I suppose.
The real possibilities are that top European clubs could come calling, Chris may not want to relocate, would Celtic be that much of a draw card ?
Though Celtic would get Champions League football every season.
I think he will stay, as I think he likes it where he is, getting plaudits and the reminders of failures staying up with other clubs will be exorcised.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No mention of his fistpumps and outrageous touchline antics?

I don't think it's allowed to be mentioned, as it's part of a wider investigation of incitement of opposition fans and teams at football matches...

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
That was a really good read. A great insight into his working ethos. For me, he has become the best Albion manager in my lifetime. Along side having a brilliant scouting network, excellent stadium and chairman. We are living the golden years right now and it’s an absolute ****ing blast

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I don't think it's allowed to be mentioned, as it's part of a wider investigation of incitement of opposition fans and teams at football matches...

Quite. All this lauding of CH is an embarrassment -we've all seen his outrageous antics on the touchline which have been bordering on the psychotic for quite a while now. The sooner we get rid, before our reputation as a family club goes down the pan, the better for all concerned. It probably a good time now that Cotterill is free too.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
This just confirms what we all know- we have an all round decent human being at the top - not forgetting his excellent footballing brain.

D

Deleted member 2719

Great article but I think all Brighton fans would name Hughton as an honest, consistent, professional, he is all about man management and I feel most players would like to play under him as long as they are aware that they may have to adjust their game to defend for large parts of the game.
With the squad we have now this will only secure our place in the Premier League, hence offers coming at Chris and the club for his duties.
So change may not be too far away, unless he is going to do a Wenger with us!

But would Chris doing a Wenger with us do us any favours???

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Nice article. It just cements what I would think - and hope - what our club is. Clearly leadership comes from the top and starts with TB|, but he has recruited a manager that backs up his own style, intelligence, calm, professional - not shooting from the hip, knee-jerk reactions and crowing from the rooftops. Whatever happens for the rest of the season - and I've always said we'd be relegated - I'm very proud of what we've done and who we are as a club.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Nice article. It just cements what I would think - and hope - what our club is. Clearly leadership comes from the top and starts with TB|, but he has recruited a manager that backs up his own style, intelligence, calm, professional - not shooting from the hip, knee-jerk reactions and crowing from the rooftops. Whatever happens for the rest of the season - and I've always said we'd be relegated - I'm very proud of what we've done and who we are as a club.

Let's not start re-writing history too much - TB could have appointed CH six months earlier than he did but went for Sami Hyypia instead. He got it right at the second time of asking, and we're all very glad that he did.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Let's not start re-writing history too much - TB could have appointed CH six months earlier than he did but went for Sami Hyypia instead. He got it right at the second time of asking, and we're all very glad that he did.

I wasn't making any comments about other appointments, everyone makes mistakes, I only commented on what we have now - no re-writing history at all.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Great article but I think all Brighton fans would name Hughton as an honest, consistent, professional, he is all about man management and I feel most players would like to play under him as long as they are aware that they may have to adjust their game to defend for large parts of the game.
With the squad we have now this will only secure our place in the Premier League, hence offers coming at Chris and the club for his duties.
So change may not be too far away, unless he is going to do a Wenger with us!

But would Chris doing a Wenger with us do us any favours???

I do feel he may well stay to develop the team / club. He must be ever so proud of what he has achieved so far, and the longer we stay in the premier league, the more funds available to him to build an even more challenging team (and attacking team). The sense of achievement he would get from that would (I think) far outweigh either starting again somewhere else, or taking on an already established squad.

I hope he stays for as long as he wants, and sets up the dynasty his family were talking about at the back end of last season.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Quite. All this lauding of CH is an embarrassment -we've all seen his outrageous antics on the touchline which have been bordering on the psychotic for quite a while now. The sooner we get rid, before our reputation as a family club goes down the pan, the better for all concerned. It probably a good time now that Cotterill is free too.

Better to wait a bit until Pardew is available!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Seem to remember a few years ago how many people moaned that Sven was never animated at the side of the pitch. Hughton is similar but it is effective. Let your assistants do all the shouting.
Sven was shit though.

D

Deleted member 2719

I do feel he may well stay to develop the team / club. He must be ever so proud of what he has achieved so far, and the longer we stay in the premier league, the more funds available to him to build an even more challenging team (and attacking team). The sense of achievement he would get from that would (I think) far outweigh either starting again somewhere else, or taking on an already established squad.

I hope he stays for as long as he wants, and sets up the dynasty his family were talking about at the back end of last season.

This of course would be ideal, let him grow with the squad, however i would not want any manager feeling that their job was safe for life or as long as he wants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here