Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton’s honest approach strikes a chord at Brighton (Guardian Article)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nice article that.

Sidwell really is a professional sportsman and a very likable ginger.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Steve Sidwell, Liam Rosenior, Nathan Jones... The list of potential future managers is growing fast.

And the problem is I don't even like to think of a time when we don't have Mr Hughton minding the shop.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seem to remember a few years ago how many people moaned that Sven was never animated at the side of the pitch. Hughton is similar but it is effective. Let your assistants do all the shouting.

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
I have been supporting this team since 1972 and over the years I have seen managers come and go, but Chris Hughton is something special.

I was lucky to shake his hand once and he comes over as one of those people who are really genuine with a lovely kind and friendly persona that anyone can see when they meet him.

How many managers would command this respect from his players in modern football? I suspect there are very few and this is what makes Chris Hughton unique.

I have never been so proud of being a Brighton supporter...!!!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
This highlights how the whole squad is involved, especially the senior, experienced players not in the team on the day. Last season it was said how much Zamora contributed in the dressing room. This season it is Rosenior and Sidwell who are putting in their experience where they can. True team ethic.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very good, but we will lose him one day.....it's the nature of the game (just not in the near future please)
Dyche is doing pretty well at Burnley, and they haven't lost him, so why should we lose Chris?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
You wonder how many other players would offer to help in other ways rather than just sit at home and play playstation. Top man Sidders.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Very good, but we will lose him one day.....it's the nature of the game (just not in the near future please)
Probably.. But there are cases where managers stay at certain clubs for many years creating a legacy. Fergie, Wenger, Dario Gradi at Crewe to name a few.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's got to be Dyche v Hughton to get the England job after the inevitable World Cup underperformance. I hope they pick Dyche when they remember Chris is Irish.

Is he Irish? Born in England and only played for Ireland due to his mother being Irish. Not sure you are required to actually change your nationality just because you play of a country on that basis!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here