Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    A Swansea defeat today would be crushing for them. All to the albion's good, I think.
    Out of contract June 2018 : Maenpaa, Krul, Rosenior , Hunemeier , Sidwell , Ince

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Tactically yes - but I wasn't hoping for a defeat for Wet Sham for tactical reasons! As I said, I think we'll finish ahead of Swansea anyway, so not too bothered about them getting three points today - it won't happen very often!
      If you're confident we'll finish above Swansea even if they win today you don't need to worry about any results, as we're safe. For the rest of us though, finishing above Swansea is far from certain, so them losing would be great.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      Perhaps you are right. I have a nagging suspicion that West Brom will continue to implode as long as Pardew is at the helm.
      That is by far the most likely scenario, don't get me wrong, I am not saying Pardew is any good. They should have changed manager after they lost at home to Southampton in the league at the start of February, when they could still have got a proper manager in. Now it is too late to change.
      It's probably nice to be Olympic champion. Like winning Gent-Wevelgem or something.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pantani View Post
      West Brom to win today and then go on a run to stay up would be amazing for us. They would have to beat Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Newcastle and Palace. Plus a couple of points at the big 6. Taking points off all of our other rivals and still only then getting to 37/38, but more importantly making it really difficult for Newcastle, Palace and Swansea to make the 38 point mark.
      I can see the logic in this, but they also play Leicester and Burnley at home, so wouldn't be limited to 37/38 points.

They're not playing Palace until the last game of the season, so they're probably down by then anyway, so winning today won't help that.
      It's over a month until they play Swansea and nearly two until they play Newcastle, so I can't see a win today helping much with those either.
      In fact, a loss and a Pardew sacking, followed by a new manager might be the best way for them to get some results against our rivals.

Basically, if West Brom catch us we are down come what may, so we want them to win as much as possible to make it more difficult for the teams that can more easily catch us.
      Ok now you've gone silly.
      Last edited by Triggaaar; 03-03-2018 at 12:02.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

1 Not allowed!
      Brighton win and to gain at least 2 or 3 points over every relegation rival!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      "De Boer sacked by Everton "

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post

Ok now you've gone silly.
      I kind of see his logic.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      I kind of see his logic.
      You're looking at a mirage. There was no logic.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      The West Brom conundrum is a tricky one. They are screwed and even if the sack Mr Lover Lover then they are still screwed as no decent manager is going to touch that job with a shitty stick at this stage of proceedings. However, they still have to play teams that we need to drop points so we really could do without them completely imploding.

If they lose today then some will see that as a good thing as they will be all but down but surely we're better off with them clinging to some desperate shred of hope for as long as possible? Otherwise they're just going to be a free 3 points to every other team, which is detrimental.

The news that Dancing Al wants to stop them shipping so many goals first is good. Let's hope they go for damage limitation, play dire defensive football and grind out a load of nil nil draws. Starting today.

I still think they'll lose though.

0 Not allowed!
      Burnley to beat Everton. Puts them under pressure for next week, and no reason why we can't catch them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
      Harry!Harry!Harry!