Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The most painful thing in the world

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A kick in the balls is much, much, much, more painful than childbirth and that is a FACT.

I've watched my ex-wife give birth twice. She went through all that first time around and was happy to go through it again. At no point in my life have I ever thought "You know what I'd quite like - another kick in the balls.".

If childbirth was genuinely that bad, every woman would have converted from Catholicism after the first sprog. My ex described childbirth as extremely painful but a rewarding pain which is quickly forgotten.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Kidney stones by a country mile - vomited with pain in front of paramedic. Morphine injection in ambulance was the only way to get to hospital. They say it’s as bad as child birth - well why do women have two kids because I tell you I never ever want a second kidney stone.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The 2 worst pains I've experienced were:

1. Being shot repeatedly in the groin, at point blank range, when doing paintball about 15 years back - I actually passed out it was so bad. Remarkably after the pain subsided, the only damage was a tiny cut on the scrotum.

2. Having my tonsils removed - It was so painful that many hours later in excruciating agony and desperation, I accepted the offer of a suppository from a very nice NHS male nurse, who in the comfort of my private room on an NHS ward had to tell my parents to wait outside when they arrived half way through the insertion and walked straight in. Apart from it fizzing inside of me and causing a bit of embarrassment, the suppository wasn't a great deal of help and I then, laying in agony on my side, watched England lose 2-0 in Oslo in a World Cup Qualifier. Not the best of days that one.
Repeatedly? Why didn't you move

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Having the tips of two fingers chopped off when I foolishly stuck a hand under the lawnmower while the metal blades were going round...looking for the bits took my mind off it for ten seconds

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mrs T reports a massive vaginal haematoma caused by a **** doctor with a pair of wayward foreceps. Hang on---my nsc account has been taken over....

Hello - Mrs Tackle here. Yes - after giving birth to Small (no pain relief), it was noted that because of the way the doctor forced the forceps up the chuff, it had given me a grapefruit-sized haematoma (a massive blood-blister to you and me). The pain was white hot, unbelievable. Far, FAR worse than having a small person squeezed through your wotsit.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Another vote for gout. About ten years ago I did the Atkins diet and this resulted in me experiencing excruciating gout attack’s in my big toes , ankles, knees, wrists, elbows and worst of all, my neck. I couldn’t lift my head up because of the pain it was unbearable. After reverting back to carbohydrates the attacks stopped but I still get a twinge in one toe that I take naproxen for if the pain gets bad.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
For me, it has to be gall bladder stones. I was on holiday in Las Vegss at the time. The pain was unbearable. I was taken to hospital, where even 2 doses of morphine didnt touch it. Thankfully, having the gall bladder removed that day solved the problem. 1 day missed from my holiday.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
Another vote for kidney stones here! Was in A&E with them this time last week! And now I’m nursing a kidney infection [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Pneumothorax, every breath like having a red hot knife pushed through your shoulder into your chest.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It doesn't matter what type of pain I'm ever in I'm relaiably informed by Mrs W I'm a wuss because child birth is so painful that men wouldn't cope with it. I don't argue because the second most painful thing is Mrs W's sharp tongue.

How come most women have more than one child?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was lucky my brain was a mush when i pulled two catheters from my todger a little over a decade ago. The pain came a couple of months later when the medication subsided its number and power and a few urinary tracts infections had their way into my wounded inner tool. The constantly sharp pain is shockingly uncomfortable.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Had smashed molars with the nerves exposed which I couldn't get fixed for three days, that hurt. Hurt to breathe as air going into my mouth was like being stabbed. Dentist had a look and said "but how have you had this for three days, the pain must have been impossible to bear". I wasn't being a hero, it just hurt. A lot. What do you do?

However that was **** all compared to when I smashed my heel to bits a few years ago. Bouldering accident in France where I slipped off and missed the crash pad from about 20ft. The actual injury wasn't that bad pain wise (ankle ligaments ****ed, ankle split open and pissing blood everywhere) as adrenaline kicks in and you're just looking at it going "hmmm, this is quite bad".

But after two days of hell in a French hospital (worst food ever and like something out of the 1930s, possibly because I'm English but hey..) I was sent home and then the fun began.

Anyway, the hospital back in Sheffield was superb but after the six hour operation and when the nerve block had worn off I have never felt pain like it. Morphine shots didn't touch the sides. It's the only time I've ever cried from pain. I had a total rebuild of my calcanium which apparently is the most painful bone in your body to break because of the number of nerve endings involved. The pain only stopped when they gave me the morphine drip and the clicker thing so you can dose yourself up. After about ten clicks I was away with the fairies. Ecstasy.

It totally realigned my idea of where pain from one to ten is. Everything before or since (including getting the snip and the aftermath) is about 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here