Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Dollar Shave Club - Anyone used them?

larus

Seen the adverts on Sky for Dollar Shave Club. They do 4 x 6-blade cartridges for £8/month or 4 x 4-blade ones at £6/month.

Currently use Gillette Fusion but thinking of trying something different. So, how does this compare to other online offerings and anyone got any good/bad experience of the online ones?

Jul 7, 2003
Just signed up to give them a try. I tried The Colonel ones before and didn't get on with them and went back to my Gilette. Harry's look fairly similar to The Colonel so won't be trying them. DSC look different so maybe better for me.

Different blades work well for different people - I have never got on with Wilkinson Sword blades. My mate was the opposite.

theboybilly

I used Cornerstone for a couple of years until they changed the blade to be just like any Gillette 5-blade razor. I much preferred the original so cancelled and have gone back to the old-fashioned safety blade. You will be offered shaving gels, post-shave balms and other stuff but I would take the deal, see what you think and then stick to just ordering blades as and when needed. For all the other stuff I stick with Nivea for Men (my personal choice) and can usually find a supermarket deal on them.

larus

Thanks for the feedback.

There’s not a lot of difference in price for there to buying a 11 pack of Fusion (they are usually about £25) with a handle too. I guess it’s worth a try and see what they’re like.

Agree about just getting the blades though - after shave balm is easy enough to get from supermarket

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Personally I thjink that Gillette and WS are running a cartel and that it should be called out by someone with very deep pockets somewhere. Those blades must cost tuppence to make when the order volumes are in the millions. That said, I have tried Cornerstone and A N Other and they do not match the big 2 in terms of quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here