Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I'm a real man. Simple things you've done that makes you feel like a god

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
So I fixed my boiler today providing heat for my family. It was a simple task of clearing the ice from the condensing pipe. However I feel manly and dominant like a hunter gatherer. I stepped up and delivered.

So what other relatively (or completely) simple jobs have you done that have impressed family or friends and made you feel for once not a complete tard?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I helped give an elderly couple directions once. I didn't know where it was or how to get there, but I felt like I had to do something.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Bleeding the radiator. If there’s a radiator that needs bleeding in my house then I’m the go to man. Hand me the radiator key and stand back... Proper work

(Unfortunately that’s the limit of my manual labour skills, which probably explains why my house is falling down around my ears)

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Switching the power switch back on in a campsite in France during a thunderstorm. Felt very British and manly. GRrrrrrr

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Took up my Victorian wooden floor, repaired the joists, put in the pipe for a new water main, got some reclaimed boards to repair some damaged Ives, relaid / nailed the lot back down, sanded & stained it - no squeaks

I'm an accountant by trade

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So I fixed my boiler today providing heat for my family. It was a simple task of clearing the ice from the condensing pipe. However I feel manly and dominant like a hunter gatherer. I stepped up and delivered.

So what other relatively (or completely) simple jobs have you done that have impressed family or friends and made you feel for once not a complete tard?

You went outside? Are you mad? You survived?

Shirley you were having a snow day, where the snowflakes stay indoors watching real snowflakes on the continuous tv coverage of real snowflakes from all over the UK

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think plumbers should get far more credit, they supply you with warmth, running water and the ability to take a dump in the comfort of your own home.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stripped the paint off, and sanded, and varnished a Victorian set of 3 doors and wall panelling so it looks like Winston Churchill's library. Took 5 weeks.

Landscaped a garden, planted a lawn by seed, nurtured it and kept it, over the last 25 years, looking as well trimmed and fluffed as Madonna's muff.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I helped an old lady struggling with her shopping cross Western Road. As a mark of gratitude she hit me over the head with a baguette.

I assume that she didn't want to cross the road. Lucky it wasn't America or she would probably have shot you!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Topped up the oil and water in the car about a month ago (including some highly considered dipstick analysis). Slammed the bonnet down, wiped my hands on an oily rag as I casually walked in - the LOT.

Beat that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I braved snowstorm and subzero temperatures and gritted the bridge in our village.

Local HERO.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
A flickering street light was causing distress to several lady friends who were off their tits.
Quickened my pace, leapt in the air, smacked it one. It returned to a steady light and I knew I was Thor.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here