Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I'm a real man. Simple things you've done that makes you feel like a god

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Pretty much doing what I choose to do, even when the missus tells me not to do something. Like going down the pub.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Started doing a lot more lately. Last year fitted out new downstairs cloakroom with toilet and vanity unit, underfloor heating. Now putting underfloor heating in the kitchen before replacing the kitchen itself. You tube is brilliant for finding out how to do things.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Pound for Pound and considering the seemingly mundane task that it is, is there anything more stressful than putting air in tyres?

I am now a black belt but took a couple of decades to master...

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Landscaped a garden, planted a lawn by seed, nurtured it and kept it, over the last 25 years, looking as well trimmed and fluffed as Madonna's muff.
From memory I personally wouldn't describe Madonna's muff as well trimmed. This intimate knowledge came courtesy of a book about her I was furtively perusing in a bookshop about 25 years ago. I've never particularly been a fan of Madonna so I don't know what drew my attention to the book entitled "Madonna - Nudes"

I’m impressed that you know what Madonna’s muff looks like. Is it green.? :lolol:
Evidentally that does indeed appear to be the case...
http://www.theworldsbestever.com/20...ntic-bush-up-for-auction-at-phillips-de-pury/

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Why didn’t you just leave your heating on constant but low when no one is there whilst it’s so cold?

I mean it’s not that manly to fix something you broke...

Leaving the boiler on would stop the condensing pipe that goes outside from freezing.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Started doing a lot more lately. Last year fitted out new downstairs cloakroom with toilet and vanity unit, underfloor heating. Now putting underfloor heating in the kitchen before replacing the kitchen itself. You tube is brilliant for finding out how to do things.
Christ I bet it looks rough

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Coming back from Cornwall two weeks ago, I got a puncture, I had my 87 year old Mum in the car, as well as Mrs LLF, and my 86 year old Uncle.
This was on the M5, lorries going past at 70mph, blowing a hoolie, and driving rain. I had to get them all out of the car, jack it up, change the wheel, and carry on. My poor old Mum was freezing, so, I had to do all that in just a jumper, and trousers as I gave her my coat to keep warm. I haven’t been that cold and wet for years, but, I now feel like an Alpha, Alpha male

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I fixed an overflowing toilet cistern once by wiggling my ball-cock around until it stopped.

Never again!!!!!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Leaving the boiler on would stop the condensing pipe that goes outside from freezing.

We run all our condense pipes in 1 1/4" pipe, both mine & my Dads froze up despite having the heating on 24/7.
Both are a metre long and go vertically to condense soakaways underground.
I think this year the wind played a part in this as it hasn't happened before.
My next door neighbour Charlie had over thirty call outs a lot of which were frozen condense pipes.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I used to work in New York in law enforcement. One time, in a futile attempt to save my marriage, I flew to LA to join my ex-wife for a Christmas party at her company offices. I arrived just at the moment that heavily armed international terrorists stormed the building and took everyone hostage. To cut a long story short, I managed to save the day but sadly not the marriage.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here