Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Symphony of the Seas - the largest passenger ship ever to be constructed

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think you will find that steerage has now been re-branded 'Platinum Interior Stateroom' :thumbsup:

Most inside cabins on RCCL have virtual balconies that are incredible!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Million miles away from the truth. Ghetto it is not!

Royal carribean is very much a party cruise line and one aimed at families. If you want something more British and sedate, there is PandO and the Boudicca etc. We have been in a ship with five thousand people on it and had a ball!

They only provide one ball to play with among five thousand people!?

That's outrageous! I'd ask for my money back if that were me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Horrible things. Makes visiting places like the old city of Dubrovnik virtually impossible, as thousands of people pour in all at once from the cruise ships. Although I'm assuming that someone's making some money from hefty docking fees.

All of the properties in the old part of Dubrovnik have now been sold off to outsiders so if you go don’t ecpect to meet any Croatians.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I've been on a couple cruise ships with a capacity of 2,500, that was hard enough getting on and off the ship, 6000 is just ridiculous!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Bloody love Royal Caribbean. I can only assume those who mock have never cruised with them. Great fun, great food, great entertainment especially if Joff Eaton is the entertainments director. 10% off if you book through NatWest Travel service. Never heard a single retch from NoroVirus sufferers (unlike P & O). Can't speak highly enough of RC and you'd be surprised how easily you get on and off. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Most inside cabins on RCCL have virtual balconies that are incredible!

Rather than ask what a virtual balcony is, I googled it. It actually is a thing! :ohmy:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/an-inside-room-with-a-view/

Virtual_Balcony_Image.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll be disappointed with that failure to properly inspect post #17 :down:

In fairness the end result is still the same.

Virtual balcony :ohmy:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bloody love Royal Caribbean. I can only assume those who mock have never cruised with them. Great fun, great food, great entertainment especially if Joff Eaton is the entertainments director. 10% off if you book through NatWest Travel service. Never heard a single retch from NoroVirus sufferers (unlike P & O). Can't speak highly enough of RC and you'd be surprised how easily you get on and off. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Had old Joff twice as cruise director, great bloke but unfortunately a Pompey fan from Chichester! Always put something Albion related on the drop cards for him to read out on the morning show!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Does nothing for me..... I much prefer a narrow boat up a river with the occasional beer stop on a lazy summers afternoon.
When I travel, I just want to get there ASAP and enjoy the culture.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here