Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A league win against Arsenal or an FA Cup win at Old Trafford?

You can beat Arsenal in the League or United in the Cup, which do you choose?

• Arsenal

Votes: 187 63.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 110 37.0%

• Total voters

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Simple question, and a wonderful reason for another poll about the worth of the FA cup.

I am firmly in the FA cup win at Old Trafford. I think we will stay up without the win against Arsenal although it would be nice to beat them. An FA cup semi final after the confidence of a win at Old Trafford would be magic.

We surely have to get a win against someone in the top 4 this season and I hope it is this one.

No need to thank me for another poll.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Difficult one. I’m firmly in the camp of staying up rather than winning the FA Cup, but I believe we can secure safety without beating Arsenal.

I’m going to say draw with Arsenal and beat United.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You have to be a bit dim to say anything other than a Arsenal win.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We did this before the West Brom game and shagged that one up, so no way am I going to curse the Arsenal game as well.

Win v Arsenal.

Draw v Man Utd, win the penalty shoot out.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it as this board seems obsessed with all things Arsenal, nobody will be surprised if the Albion don't get a single mention in the post match analysis of Sunday's match.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A Gooners beating and Wenger crumble would be so sweet.

The Albion taking the lead might make watching (god forbid be make enough noise to taunt) the away fans, quite enjoyable.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Man Utd for me. Would be nice to beat Arsenal but we're one game from Wembley and we could get the winner of Wigan/Soton in a semi!!!

Huddersfield, Leicester are the must win games and very possibly Everton away could add to the pts tally and those seven would be enough.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Both would be my ideal,I suppose beating United would be sweeter as most bookies/pundits already have them through to the semi final,beating Arsenal would be so sweet though,but you can be sure that all the press and media experts would have an Arsenal loss down to them playing poorly,wrong tactics etc..etc...and little old us would get absolutely no credit whatsoever.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You have to be a bit dim to say anything other than a Arsenal win.
I think you have to be a bit dim not to understand why there might be a difference of opinion.

I'm torn. The FA Cup is there to be won now that City are out. On the other hand, a win over Arsenal would not only be huge step towards survival, but I could see Wenger being given his P45 if they lost convincingly at little old Brighton.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've enjoyed every, often painful, often joyous minute of our inaugural Premier League season so far. The magic of that might fade over successive seasons, or we might be relegated and not experience it again for some time. But right here, right now, each league game builds up like a cup final, the tension, the drama, the anticipation – whatever you say about modern football, I've felt an obsessive enthusiasm for every game, every minute seems to matter. Beating Arsenal Sunday would be huge, I'd take it over cup progression, that isn't said with regard to finances, that is the pure romance I've felt this season, and I realise cynicism may take over in time, but it hasn't yet...

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
When these threads come up they always remind me of those SF films about dystopian futures. There's all the grey drones, shuffling to grey jobs where they all do the same thing. The scenes are often choreographed so that there's dozens, all doing exactly the same function at exactly the same time to demonstrate how brainwashed they all are. None of them have any imagination, none of them can see beyond the narrow confines of their wretched, controlled lives serving The Machine. They know (because they've been told) that we're not going to win a trophy so there's no point in trying. All day long they sit there muttering "Gotta get promoted, gotta get promoted, gotta get promoted." Then for a change it's "Mustn't get relegated, mustn't get relegated, mustn't get relegated." If you voted 'Arsenal win' that's YOU that is.

Then there's the heroes, the ones who know there's more to life than the daily grind, the ones who can dream, the ones who know that a successful season isn't one where you've just about scraped by. The ones who believe that winning a trophy is something to aim for as for clubs like us it is SO rare. In my over 50 years of supporting Brighton we've come close to winning ONE trophy ONCE. We still bang on about winning the Charity Shield for crying out loud. We voted for the Man U win. We will liberate you drones and give you something to shout about. One day. Maybe this year? We can dream.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
a defeat against Arsenal doesn't necessarily mean relegation

a win against Man Utd and we're in touching distance of an historical day for the club

I'll take the cup win

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
When these threads come up they always remind me of those SF films about dystopian futures. There's all the grey drones, shuffling to grey jobs where they all do the same thing. The scenes are often choreographed so that there's dozens, all doing exactly the same function at exactly the same time to demonstrate how brainwashed they all are. None of them have any imagination, none of them can see beyond the narrow confines of their wretched, controlled lives serving The Machine. They know (because they've been told) that we're not going to win a trophy so there's no point in trying. All day long they sit there muttering "Gotta get promoted, gotta get promoted, gotta get promoted." Then for a change it's "Mustn't get relegated, mustn't get relegated, mustn't get relegated." If you voted 'Arsenal win' that's YOU that is.

Then there's the heroes, the ones who know there's more to life than the daily grind, the ones who can dream, the ones who know that a successful season isn't one where you've just about scraped by. The ones who believe that winning a trophy is something to aim for as for clubs like us it is SO rare. In my over 50 years of supporting Brighton we've come close to winning ONE trophy ONCE. We still bang on about winning the Charity Shield for crying out loud. We voted for the Man U win. We will liberate you drones and give you something to shout about. One day. Maybe this year? We can dream.

This is a GREAT post. Agree with (nearly*) every word.

*we should have won the Leyland-DAF-Jonstones-Paint-Checkatrade thing when Adams / Kuipers / Virgo / Jarrett ****ed up at Kenilworth Road.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here