Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A league win against Arsenal or an FA Cup win at Old Trafford?

You can beat Arsenal in the League or United in the Cup, which do you choose?

• Arsenal

Votes: 187 63.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 110 37.0%

• Total voters

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Man Utd for me. Would be nice to beat Arsenal but we're one game from Wembley and we could get the winner of Wigan/Soton in a semi!!!

Huddersfield, Leicester are the must win games and very possibly Everton away could add to the pts tally and those seven would be enough.

This.

Unless we then lose the semi and also get relegated. In those circumstances, I’ll take the win over the Arse please.

Right here, right now - I’ll take the cup win.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Don't really have the dislike for Wenger that some seem to have. Obviously beating them would be great its 3 pts, but getting to a Wembley Semi would be historic. The FA Cup has only boosted us so far this season

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody, another poll.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Beat Manchester United at Old Trafford. Every Tom Dick and Harry are beating Arsenal at the moment (ps that's a joke, and I think we'll lose anyway)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Tricky one this.

Had it said, 'winning the FA Cup or a win against Arsenal?' then I may have answered differently.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Arsenal. Beat them and we'll almost certainly get another crack at Man Utd next season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When these threads come up they always remind me of those SF films about dystopian futures. There's all the grey drones, shuffling to grey jobs where they all do the same thing. The scenes are often choreographed so that there's dozens, all doing exactly the same function at exactly the same time to demonstrate how brainwashed they all are. None of them have any imagination, none of them can see beyond the narrow confines of their wretched, controlled lives serving The Machine. They know (because they've been told) that we're not going to win a trophy so there's no point in trying. All day long they sit there muttering "Gotta get promoted, gotta get promoted, gotta get promoted." Then for a change it's "Mustn't get relegated, mustn't get relegated, mustn't get relegated." If you voted 'Arsenal win' that's YOU that is.

Then there's the heroes, the ones who know there's more to life than the daily grind, the ones who can dream, the ones who know that a successful season isn't one where you've just about scraped by. The ones who believe that winning a trophy is something to aim for as for clubs like us it is SO rare. In my over 50 years of supporting Brighton we've come close to winning ONE trophy ONCE. We still bang on about winning the Charity Shield for crying out loud. We voted for the Man U win. We will liberate you drones and give you something to shout about. One day. Maybe this year? We can dream.

How can the daily grind be a competition we've been in for just 5 seasons in our 117 year history, a league we've been out of for 34 years? How can we win more trophies if we are relegated and cannot sustain the quality of the squad, how many teams win trophies from the Championship exactly?

In 50 years you haven't seen us win a trophy BECAUSE we have been out of the top flight for 45 of them!!! We NEARLY went under because we nearly won one of them but got relegated at the same time not to return for 34 years. If you are the heroes, then you are also the deluded, money mattered 40 years ago as it does today. Football has always been about the league being your bread and butter, not a new post 1992 thing, always. The is no grind in retaining a place in a league you've only just got in, whether promoted from Div 4 to 3, or Div 2 to 1, or staying in the bottom league in the very last moments of a season.

I don't know whether you heroes ever noticed during those 50 years why we didn't win a trophy – we never had any bloody money!!!

I'd love us to win a trophy, but as it was then, to as it is now, not at the expense of losing your league position, true as it ever was.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This must be the dumbest post! Read Brovion's post.

Don't need to read anyone's post. Premier league survival. is far more important than a cup win. It really is that simple.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Man Utd please. I'm spending £200 on tickets, train and hotel for me and my son so a win would go a long way to making that worthwhile. We'll stay up whether we beat Arsenal or not. We won't win the FA Cup if we lose at Old Trafford.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Even though I am going to Old Trafford for cup match I would take a win over Arsenal. Premier league survival is paramount.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
If I choose one does it mean the other can't happen? I voted for a Win at the Theatre of Plebs. I'm happy to roll the dice at home and see how it goes. A win is possible but a draw very probable. Either doesn't mean we are safe or not.
We will be AND i'll see you at Wembley.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I find it completely bizarre that anyone would prefer an FA Cup win against a result that would go some distance towards ensuring League safety.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have a very selfish reason for wanting to beat Man United in the Cup but even with that I voted for preference to beat Arsenal because that is the Club's goal to stay up so for that very reason the 3 points would be even better.

I think if you see Dunk and Duffy on the pitch in the Man United game then you know we have started to take an interest in the cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here