Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we beat Arsenal are we as good as safe?

If we beat Arsenal are we as good as safe?

• Yes!

Votes: 164 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 137 39.7%
  • There's not been enough polls of late, thanks for remedying that

Votes: 44 12.8%

• Total voters

el punal

I hope we don't show them too much respect. Be wary but be confident and hope Arsenal aren't looking for somebody to take things out on.

We certainly showed them too much respect at the Emirates when we lost 2-0, but then we had both Murray and Hemed out therefore no strikers. This time around we are stronger, we are more confident, we are playing at home, and, we are scoring goals. Hopefully we can produce but I am concerned with an Arsenal backlash.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
We certainly showed them too much respect at the Emirates when we lost 2-0, but then we had both Murray and Hemed out therefore no strikers. This time around we are stronger, we are more confident, we are playing at home, and, we are scoring goals. Hopefully we can produce but I am concerned with an Arsenal backlash.
Agree with all of that but in response to the original question, no, I don't we can afford to adopt that way if thinking. Still a lot of football to play against sides looking to cement their PL status, just like us.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I rarely bet on Albion either to win or lose as my track record in that department certifies me as the BHAFC Jonah but, on this occasion Ive piled on the draw. Locadia,being the unknown quantity for Arsenal, to feature. Arsenal will be banking on an easy three points but they will not be able to deal with him.

In any event I believe we're good enough to get 6 points from remaining games to see us safe.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Can't see 'dead man walking' Wanger putting out the first 11 on Sunday. The backlash theory doesn't wash with me either.
I know their second 11 will still be a formidable team with lots of class etc but our first 11 are a completely different team to the one Arse comfortably beat earlier this season. Their PL ego can only allow them one perspective - 'Brighton FFS, you must be joking, just put anyone with a pulse on the park and bank those points we are entitled to. Next".
I think they are in for a surprise. Still a good team though so I will settle for a well fought draw after going behind. UTA

A win? Massive confidence booster, we'll see. Staying up either way IMO.

:albion2:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We got to be carful and must take our chances otherwise Arsenal will hit us on the counter.
This could be our game of the season worth Millions :shrug::stupid:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Albion v Arsenal back in October.

1 Ryan
2 Bruno
22 Duffy
5 Dunk
3 Bong
20 March substituted for Schelotto 72'minutes
24 Pröpper
6 Stephens
13 Groß
19 Izquierdo substituted for Knockaert at 76'minutes
37 Brown substituted for Murray at 76'minutes

11 Knockaert
17 Murray
18 Goldson
21 Schelotto
26 Krul
29 Suttner
49 Molumby

The Albion's bench has been awesome of late, but even taking that into account, I look at our probable starting 11 this Sunday and inexplicably although it's pretty much the same I can't help thinking it'll be such a better team.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I'd rather beat Huddersfield Palace and Burnley than Liverpool Man City and Man Utd , beat those 3 and we're safe .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Albion v Arsenal back in October.

1 Ryan
2 Bruno
22 Duffy
5 Dunk
3 Bong
20 March substituted for Schelotto 72'minutes
24 Pröpper
6 Stephens
13 Groß
19 Izquierdo substituted for Knockaert at 76'minutes
37 Brown substituted for Murray at 76'minutes

11 Knockaert
17 Murray
18 Goldson
21 Schelotto
26 Krul
29 Suttner
49 Molumby

The Albion's bench has been awesome of late, but even taking that into account, I look at our probable starting 11 this Sunday and inexplicably although it's pretty much the same I can't help thinking it'll be such a better team.

I was thinking back to that game, Bong has really got into his groove from a shaky start to the season. I remember their full backs pretty much playing in our half as wingers such was the lack of threat we carried that day. Izqueirdo is a different player too, and with Schelotto bombing on, I think think we'll cause them some real problems. Just hope we can avoid being 2 down after 10mins...

Last edited:

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Would be better to beat T*Udders than Arsenal , then draws against palace and other strugglers would be fine

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Bizarrely I feel quite confident going into this one, mainly because of the lack of Olivier Giroud in the Arsenal squad. Always felt that if things were going poorly for them, he was a real game changer. I don't really see that in their current team. If we can play to our best and Arsenal don't show up, continuing their current form, a win is there for the taking.

It'll be a leap towards safety mainly because we've been pretty good against the bottom ten but pretty poor against the top half. Swansea, Huddersfield and Bournemouth have all picked up points against Arsenal and for us to cancel that out would leave us in pole position to escape!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No... obviously...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If we beat Arsenal, are we as good as safe?

What say you?

Never in a million years. We all saw what happened last season when the team was promoted and were 7 points clear with 3 games remaining. They just went on the piss from that point on and disgracefully blew the title.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Bizarrely I feel quite confident going into this one, mainly because of the lack of Olivier Giroud in the Arsenal squad. Always felt that if things were going poorly for them, he was a real game changer. I don't really see that in their current team. If we can play to our best and Arsenal don't show up, continuing their current form, a win is there for the taking.

It'll be a leap towards safety mainly because we've been pretty good against the bottom ten but pretty poor against the top half. Swansea, Huddersfield and Bournemouth have all picked up points against Arsenal and for us to cancel that out would leave us in pole position to escape!

Losing Giroud and Sanchez has seriously dented their overall threat. Aubameyang is unquestionably an outstanding player and we are going to relly struggle if he and Ozil turn up, BUT Arsenal without the aforementioned is nowhere near as intimidating. We still need at least 80% of our team to have stormers, but we have a real chance tomorrow.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here