Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESPN verdict: Relegated

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They could be right, but like everyone else they are just guessing.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
What do they know, eh?

http://es.pn/2CPB71l

How can the key players to winning games, which is what is really needed to stay up, be our defenders. They are hardly peppering the goal from corners this year! They've based their opinion on old news, pre-January.

Glenn Murray and others (including possible game-changers in Locardia, Ulloa, Izquierdo, Gross) still well under the radar with ESPN, then...good!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How can the key players to winning games, which is what is really needed to stay up, be our defenders. They are hardly peppering the goal from corners this year! They've based their opinion on old news, pre-January.

Glenn Murray and others (including possible game-changers in Locardia, Ulloa, Izquierdo, Gross) still well under the radar with ESPN, then...good!

Exactly. They mention Shaquiri at Stoke already having 7 goals, and make them safe, when Murray has scored 10.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's poor journalism when you consider Burnley as part of the 'top 7' given their form over the last 2 or 3 months.

That said, we have 0 points against the top 6, so it is statistically backed up to say we might not get any points from 5 of our last 10, but then a win and 3 draws from the other 5 and we're probably safe.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm not just saying this because they are predicting us to go down but what a load of utter twaddle.

I skimmed as far as this quote about Palace and then couldn't take any more ill informed bullshit......

Some moron stealing a living as a journalist said:
Impact of relegation: Palace are a robust club that has yo-yoed between the divisions in the past, so they would survive another drop into the Championship.

WHAT?!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not just saying this because they are predicting us to go down but what a load of utter twaddle.

I skimmed as far as this quote about Palace and then couldn't take any more ill informed bullshit......

WHAT?!

It is shockingly bad. It's just a few sentences cobbled together that are unrelated to one another, leading to a dramatic and unjustified conclusion.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I have a feeling those predictions are being made in isolation of each other and they've failed to consider the implications of so many relegation battle 6-pointers still to come. It's a complicated picture, but our current 4 point advantage over the relegation zone could be crucial.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I have a feeling those predictions are being made in isolation of each other and they've failed to consider the implications of so many relegation battle 6-pointers still to come. It's a complicated picture, but our current 4 point advantage over the relegation zone could be crucial.

Exactly this. He talks about Palace playing Stoke in their final game as being crucial, and then also refers to Stoke playing palace as being crucial for them to win for survival. Nob head lazy journalism.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Good more people that don’t know anything about us the better , pin it up in dressing room more to motivate us all . But our run in is tough beat terriers and foxes at home and have a real fighting chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAC

May 21, 2014
People should stop taking these things so seriously. They are a prediction and as they say, like ********s, everyone has one.

The Guardian predictions shows that asking more people and you will get differing opinions, other than everyone agreeing that WBA are down.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Wonder if they just wanted an article that would rank for PL relegation keywords.

They might be right but the scum and Huddersfield games aren't both must-wins. Burnley, Everton and Leicester essentially have nowt to play for when we play them, and that's before you get on to the top six, whose priorities might not be on the league yada yada.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I keep getting reeled and read these threads and the links they point to and they are all mainly bollocks with comments made by people who know little about many of the clubs and certainly no little about 'lady luck' which will be as important as who has a decent striker. Note to self, stop reading these WE WILL STAY UP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here