Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] VAR

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Agree with just about everyone on here. The idea of VAR sounds great but that was farcical. Completely ridiculous decision.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Booked for taking a penalty incorrectly

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We all hate bad decisions that go against us, but as soon as VAR comes in we realise that it takes the joy (and pain) out of football. I'd love them to get rid, but fear that its too far along now.

On a side note, considering tonights match, I reckon VAR will make giant killings much less likely

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh god, this is dreadful......... offence was outside the box........

Penalty - ungentlementy conduct **** .....crazy..... what ......how long ? Not allowded

Rochdale score ... Jesus.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm confused now :lol: watching on a dodgy stream it looked like Spurs were 2-0, then picture froze, now it seems to be 1-1 - what happened with the penalty?

VAR determined the ball went in the other goal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh god, this is dreadful......... offence was outside the box........

Penalty - ungentlementy conduct **** .....crazy..... what ......how long ? Not allowded

Rochdale score ... Jesus.

This is unreal. Son Heung-min stops and starts in his run-up and slots it home. Again, we all think it's a goal. But the referee rules it out. And books Son.

Former Premier League referee Chris Hoy on BT Sport: "It is what they call illegal fainting. He is quite rightly carded. The decision is right albeit unpopular."

Ps I think he means feinting rather than fainting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here