Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The End of Wenger?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's still quite a big if for us to beat them, but if we did, then I think we should show a bit more class than to sing that to Wenger. Regardless of how things have gone for him in recent seasons, to be manager of a major club for more than 20 years warrants a little more respect. I don't think Hughton would think much of that either.

Some managers deserve a bit of stick (i.e. any Palace manager, Pardew, Allardyce, etc...) and they would be fair game for a teasing chant. I reckon it's better to pick your target appropriately.
You're a closet Arsenal fan!

Away from the game I'd agree that someone who's managed a team for that long deserves some respect, but they don't deserve that respect from our fans during the game. It's football FFS, chanting crap against the oppo is half the fun.

And this is Wenger we're talking about. Regardless of how long he's held on to power, he is a ****. In those 20 years he's never seen a challenge where his player was at fault.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

Away from the game I'd agree that someone who's managed a team for that long deserves some respect, but they don't deserve that respect from our fans during the game. It's football FFS, chanting crap against the oppo is half the fun.

And this is Wenger we're talking about. Regardless of how long he's held on to power, he is a ****. In those 20 years he's never seen a challenge where his player was at fault.

How very dare you!

There's no shortage of abusive chants we can use. If you sing about sacking Wenger you'd be more aligned with many Arsenal fans than me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a fantastic start, but Coventry are only League 2, so you're talking 1 goal against an already beaten Swansea.

Pace is obviously something extra that Locadia offers. I guess it will also be down to how well he's done in training.
But the whole team is playing better than we were then.
That goes against your argument. You seem to be suggesting we rest Murray for Everton, as he's our best striker at the moment - if that's the case, he should play against Arsenal. And it's a week between games, he shouldn't need more rest than that.

Everton's speed of attack and ability to keep the ball is not as good as Arsenal's. We're likely to get hemmed in by Arsenal so need that ability to break at pace. Against Everton I think we'll have more possession and more opportunity to get in crosses for Glenn. Horses for courses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Drop Propper for Gross? Or another line up?

Like the idea of Murray and Locadia up front.

We've got another one [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION].

Call the nurse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just thank **** i'm not the manager.

Here he is listed with 4 other players I'd also change in their formations, in order to play Locadia.

Summer signing Pascal Gross has also had an excellent campaign - he has created 63 chances and has seven assists. Only Kevin de Bruyne, Mesut Ozil, Christian Eriksen and Cesc Fabregas have created more chances.

I ought to mention Gross has outscored Ozil and Fabregas, while he's only 2 goals behind KdB and Eriksen.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everton's speed of attack and ability to keep the ball is not as good as Arsenal's. We're likely to get hemmed in by Arsenal so need that ability to break at pace. Against Everton I think we'll have more possession and more opportunity to get in crosses for Glenn. Horses for courses.

This.

The ManC thrashings of Arsenal are almost meaningless on Sunday. They have spent £100m's on quality players such as Ozil, who 9 times out of 10 do turn up against non-top 6 PL teams. We will be bossed in midfield, hemmed in and they will be favourites to win (away from the blue-tinted bias). Our only hope is to somehow sneak a result. We would be idiots to pile bodies forward at 0-0, as Wilshire, Ozil, Ramsey & co will rip us apart.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

If we are winning ten seconds before the final whistle anyone not singng 'sacked in the morning' knows nothing about football. Nothing. Fact.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This.

The ManC thrashings of Arsenal are almost meaningless on Sunday. They have spent £100m's on quality players such as Ozil, who 9 times out of 10 do turn up against non-top 6 PL teams. We will be bossed in midfield, hemmed in and they will be favourites to win (away from the blue-tinted bias). Our only hope is to somehow sneak a result. We would be idiots to pile bodies forward at 0-0, as Wilshire, Ozil, Ramsey & co will rip us apart.
In theory yes but in reality arsenal have only picked up 3 more away points than us this season and we are pretty rubbish away let's be honest.

I think anything less than a draw will be mildly disappointing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
This.

This is CH speak; the approach that has P7 W0 D0 L7 F1 A18 against top 6 to date and leaves us as only team not to have taken points against top 6. We need to stop giving them so much respect and go for it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is CH speak; the approach that has P7 W0 D0 L7 F1 A18 against top 6 to date and leaves us as only team not to have taken points against top 6. We need to stop giving them so much respect and go for it.

We opened up at times against Liverpool and Chelsea, gaining plucky hammerings. In contrast Swansea, for example, got their recent famous wins by having an unashamably negative formation of 8 or 9 deep defenders, leaving 1 or 2 to break. They very rarely attacked against Liverpool, winning from a set piece goal. Sounds like a plan against possession based technicians Arsenal.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We're gonna get completely mullered. Too much being made of their troubles and our chances of beating them. Chelsea mark II. We'll be two down before everyone is in their seats.

But also. No. Wenger is too much of a fixture. When he goes, it will be the end of a season, and will either be him choosing to go, or him "choosing to go".

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We opened up at times against Liverpool and Chelsea, gaining plucky hammerings. In contrast Swansea, for example, got their recent famous wins by having an unashamably negative formation of 8 or 9 deep defenders, leaving 1 or 2 to break. They very rarely attacked against Liverpool, winning from a set piece goal. Sounds like a plan against possession based technicians Arsenal.

V Liverpool had a two goal turn round when Muzza missed from open play when we are giving it a go; 10 secs later was 0-3 when could have been 1-2; Chelsea gave them a 2 goal start, should have had at least 1 pen by HT, again gave it a go. Very defensive at Emirates, Wembley, Stamford Bridge, home to Man C, and didn't work. Trouble with defensive is that oppo are comfortable on the ball and will find a way through eventually with quality they have. Then there is no Plan B, consequently 630 minutes with no goal from open play. Yes, might get lucky this time but so far has not worked for us. Now we have Muzza on fire, JI on form, and AK looking more of the part, need to give Gunners something to think about.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Went to the pub in Leigh with the nippers and missus yesterday and took a table next to a bunch of Arsenal fans. I had a BHA scarf over the back of my chair and got chatting to them and have to say they knew their soccer ball, they know about our fast improving team and were very complimentary about CH, Locadia, Knockaert and the 2 D's in central defence....they reckon we'll beat them and then ta ta wenger.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here