Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reading v Sheffield United (Attendance)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Need to know if it’s pretendance or attendance before commenting - surely they have more than 6k season ticket holders.

I appreciate on threads like this people will say ‘short memories’ etc but withdean days can not be compared to the Mad Stad. Fact is, Reading have really shit support in numbers and vocally. Even funnier, they got promoted from nicking our manager & 2 players we unearthed and were very boastful about it which was poor considering our troubles. **** off Reading.

Palace were crowing a year or two ago that they had sold 5,000 season tickets so my guess is no, Reading probably don't have 6,000. After all Palace are a MUCH bigger club than Reading. Much bigger.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace were crowing a year or two ago that they had sold 5,000 season tickets so my guess is no, Reading probably don't have 6,000. After all Palace are a MUCH bigger club than Reading. Much bigger.

Palace and Reading are about the same size. Add them together and they’re still a smaller football club than BHAFC.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
While I appreciate you're having a laugh at our expense (why you would concern yourself with us when you're in the Premier League is beyond me but, oh well) it was -7c in the stadium, our football and home record is utterly dire this season and fans are voting with their feet. The owners are pretty much non-existent so hopefully it will send a message.

Attendance was 17,000 on Saturday. So it's not like it's been consistently low.

I'll join in, though... erm, *clears throat*

TINPOT! PATHETIC SUPPORT! *posts a link to that song and the pitch invasion*

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
While I appreciate you're having a laugh at our expense (why you would concern yourself with us when you're in the Premier League is beyond me but, oh well) it was -7c in the stadium, our football and home record is utterly dire this season and fans are voting with their feet. The owners are pretty much non-existent so hopefully it will send a message.

Snow or no snow, Poor season or not. Your clubs support is shit.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

I don't think you are 'tinpot'..... but that pitch invasion was funny.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
For the last evening match we played against Reading at the Amex , I think I remember counting about 100 away fans. There were some photos on here about it. It was a staggeringly poor turnout

theroyal

May 11, 2014
What do you think about the song though? I love that sort of thing. It's like Leeds new badge, the fans are gutted as they know it's just ammo for other fans :)

We barely even think or talk about it, to be honest, and it's nothing to do with us as fans so we're not really bothered by it, even though it is cringey.

The pitch invasion, though, we'll never live that down...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

How very dare you...we are now one of the greatest teams in the world being in the greatest league in the world. We dont even recognise there are clubs below our division ...who are you again? Have you ever been in our top league?

I can't believe these people are even speaking to us..we are so fecking superior to everyone.

Go away.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
We barely even think or talk about it, to be honest, and it's nothing to do with us as fans so we're not really bothered by it, even though it is cringey.

The pitch invasion, though, we'll never live that down...

You really won’t. It’s still one of my very favourite football moments of all time. It’s so perfect.

“Yer not goin oop...”

And the lad on the turf, punching the ground in a tantrum.

Magical.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You really won’t. It’s still one of my very favourite football moments of all time. It’s so perfect.

“Yer not goin oop...”

Magical.
He's probably gone back to supporting Chelsea now.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

“Yer not goin oop...”

Magical.

Not that we exactly covered ourselves in glory after reaching the play-offs at the Biscuitmen's expense ....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The worst Reading song by a country mile is that cringey one they sing about the Championship points record. They pull it out when fans of some big club are totally out-singing them (a regular occurrence), and it prompts looks of total bewilderment followed by scoffing laughter from the visitors. No one cares who got the most points in the country's second tier of football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here