Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moral dilemma

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Purely hypothetical. A good friend of yours is sitting in his chair at Withdean and his/her seat collapses and they badly damages his back, requiring six months off work and shitloads of inconvenience including extra costs. Not a case of too many pies, it transpires the seat was not properly installed, it was a safety error, and the club is responsible.

Your mate is a very loyal fan, as are you, and a lawyer you know says if that given the facts of the case they will almost certainly get compensation of £100,000. The club is skint enough, say their insurance for some bizarre reason doesn't cover it, and that it would almost certainly mean one/two less players. Your mate is well pissed off, knowing that if it was anyone else they would sue without question but feels morally blackmailed. They are totally in the right, but the claim could seriously hinder the club. What do you advise him/her to do?

Dicktator Knight

Jul 7, 2003
i would be very happy in that instance to offer the gentleman or lady a very good seat at Falmer, please don not sue as we are having enough court fees to pay out just to get this damm Falmer thing started let alone built!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Surely you would sue Ecovert and/or Brighton Council as they manage/own the 'stadium'? I'm pretty sure the seats aren't ours as they keep disappearing every summer for the golf.

If it's Ecovert - sue them for every penny they have. Keep half and give half to the club.

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
yep sue them or tell them you want a director's box instead of sueing them:lolol:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Sue Ecovert the thieving bar stewards, then donate the cash less expenses to Uncle Dick who can then offer to buy that buck toothed PSG player from under the noses of Sir Alex:blues:

Dicktator Knight

Jul 7, 2003
from now on anyone named Sue is banned from Withdean, yep even a guy named Sue. Posters will be put up as soon as my printer can produce enough to circulate around the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here