Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Change at Barnham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once it's been clicked on it disappears from that page, but it then immediately reappears on the next NSC page I look at.
    It appears on every page.
    I'm using a MacBook Air.
    I'm using a MacBook Air and both as a guest and a logged in user on both Safari and Chrome when I've clicked "continue to site" it goes and I've not seen it again.

I've re-tested it using private / incognito sessions on both browsers and it behaves as I would expect it to.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      i didnt see an option for that, learn more or continue to site. i allow ads for NSC anyway so no problem, and we've confirmed its genuine.
      "Learn More" gives you all the detail and toggle switches to determine tracking / non-tracking ads etc.

You will still get ads if you opt out of everything, I suspect they'll just be shitty low-quality ones. Personally I'd rather see ads for stuff I am interested in, but each to their own.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      i didnt see an option for that, learn more or continue to site. i allow ads for NSC anyway so no problem, and we've confirmed its genuine.
      Clicking on ‘learn more’ gives access to the ad tracking options, although it would take several hours to switch off the literally hundreds of companies who appear. There is simply no way to turn them all off with a single action.

That’s a pretty poor implementation, how many people will just give up out of frustration and just go back and click ‘agree’. It’s certainly not in the spirit of giving users control over what information is shared and with whom.
      Never accused of trolling by Gary Crittenden.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      That's good, but as you can see by my screenshot in post #58, it wasn't for me.
      I've now tested it on my iPad in both orientations and it works perfectly.

I've dug out an old iPad Mini from the bottom of the drawer and once it's charged itself back to life I will look on there too.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Putdown View Post
      Clicking on ‘learn more’ gives access to the ad tracking options, although it would take several hours to switch off the literally hundreds of companies who appear. There is simply no way to turn them all off with a single action.

That’s a pretty poor implementation, how many people will just give up out of frustration and just go back and click ‘agree’. It’s certainly not in the spirit of giving users control over what information is shared and with whom.
      Agreed and one of many, GDPR was supposed to give control over to the user with one of the fundamental principles being opt in not opt out, it was also the aim to make it clear and simple to the user this is essentially making it so painful that you just accept it and remain in therefore I would question if it is compliant but the IOC will have plenty of bigger complaints on their desk to look into,as these companies no doubt know.
      Go on you know you want to.

2 Not allowed!
      I switched all NSC's ads to a new partner yesterday after the malicious redirects etc that some people reported over the weekend with our existing setup.

I've raised with them...

- Ad opt-in banner is too generic, so can be confused as being not genuine.
      - Ad opt-in banner extends out of view on an iPad Mini.
      - Ad opt-in / out does not have "Disable All" option to facilitate delivery of shitty generic ads.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      I switched all NSC's ads to a new partner yesterday after the malicious redirects etc that some people reported over the weekend with our existing setup.

I've raised with them...

- Ad opt-in banner is too generic, so can be confused as being not genuine.
      - Ad opt-in banner extends out of view on an iPad Mini.
      - Ad opt-in / out does not have "Disable All" option to facilitate delivery of shitty generic ads.
      I don't want any offers from anyone, how do I turn them all off at the same time, otherwise it will take ages to do them all one by one.

And how do I opt out from the ones that say opt out required??
      I am such a Naughty Boy.
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Click “continue to site”. Until you do that, or “learn more” and set your ad preferences the banner will keep reappearing. It has to for GDPR rules.

You’ll not see it again once you click “continue to site”.
      Cheers @Bozza

0 Not allowed!
      Howdy @Bozza had some ad from NSC try to get me to download some sort of malware. Was using Firefox as Chrome on OSX doesn't like the new ad provider and only had 3 NSC tabs open when suddenly it is trying to get me to download a fake flash .dmg, Screenshot attached. It's 100% vanilla install of Firefox that I have only used recently for NSC.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 22.35.33.png
Views: 179
Size:  113.5 KB

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Reading NSC on my mini IPad, got this and can't get rid of it, @Bozza

Attachment 98547
      I can't get rid of @Stat Brother either. He's unflushable.
      Ashley Barnes Fan numero UNO http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...s_1974553c.jpg
      Every single second, someone starts a thread on Glenn Murray. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...