Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 114
  1. #81

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep - it’s a standard IAB banner that sites should be displaying post-GDPR.

    I’d be surprised if you’ve not seen similar on other sites of late.

    Hi Bozza - seen similar on other sites, but the variation in being able to selectively disable some or all of the tracking implemented on websites is huge. Some sites have a disable all option together with the option of disabling individual trackers. If you look at the number of trackers on here there are hundreds. Whilst the ads that support this site want to show us appropriate banners and advertising based on our browsing history, is there anyway you can request or implement a 'disable-all' option?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #82
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      42,188


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yep - it’s a standard IAB banner that sites should be displaying post-GDPR.

      I’d be surprised if you’ve not seen similar on other sites of late.
      It was awful on my Ipad taking up a quarter of the screen, without access to the consent box. I took a screenshot which is in an earlier post #58.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
    • #83
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      41,773


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      i've seen all manner of crappy banners and popups, making browsing right pain as they often over lay the page until you say "yes i will allow a hundred companies to track me". of course they did before and we didn't see it. this one is notable in the lack of branding. noted and clicked.

      btw i doubt its compliant with GDPR, the options are to continue implying consent, not explicit and no option to reject. heyho, theres many interpretations.
      I'm told by our industry expert ad partners that it is fully IAB compliant. It certainly looks pretty much the same to me as the numerous ones I've seen across all manner of sites over the last month or so.

      You can turn off as many or as few of the ad-tracking options as you like with it. I clicked "continue" on NSC just as I have on about a zillion other similar banners.
    • #84
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      41,773


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Daddies_Sauce View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hi Bozza - seen similar on other sites, but the variation in being able to selectively disable some or all of the tracking implemented on websites is huge. Some sites have a disable all option together with the option of disabling individual trackers. If you look at the number of trackers on here there are hundreds. Whilst the ads that support this site want to show us appropriate banners and advertising based on our browsing history, is there anyway you can request or implement a 'disable-all' option?
      I can ask.
    • #85
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      41,773


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was awful on my Ipad taking up a quarter of the screen, without access to the consent box. I took a screenshot which is in an earlier post #58.
      It's supposed to be awful and noticeable so that people see it and act as they see fit. Once they've acted, they'll not see it again.

      I will check out the banner on my iPad when I get the chance and raise an issue if I agree there is one.
    • #86
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      42,188


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's supposed to be awful and noticeable so that people see it and act as they see fit. Once they've acted, they'll not see it again.

      I will check out the banner on my iPad when I get the chance and raise an issue if I agree there is one.
      It was so large and noticeable, taking up so much of the screen, I couldn't act on it. I will also add I have a mini Ipad.

      It wasn't until I logged onto Nsc on my pc, I could see the whole banner. I would imagine, users on their phones could have similar problems.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
    • #87
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      41,773


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was so large and noticeable, taking up so much of the screen, I couldn't act on it. I will also add I have a mini Ipad.

      It wasn't until I logged onto Nsc on my pc, I could see the whole banner. I would imagine, users on their phones could have similar problems.
      It was fine on my phone.
    • #88
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      42,188


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was fine on my phone.
      That's good, but as you can see by my screenshot in post #58, it wasn't for me.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
    • #89
      A. Virgo, Football Genius
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      25,066


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You can turn off as many or as few of the ad-tracking options as you like with it. I clicked "continue" on NSC just as I have on about a zillion other similar banners.
      i didnt see an option for that, learn more or continue to site. i allow ads for NSC anyway so no problem, and we've confirmed its genuine.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
    • #90

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's supposed to be awful and noticeable so that people see it and act as they see fit. Once they've acted, they'll not see it again.
      Once it's been clicked on it disappears from that page, but it then immediately reappears on the next NSC page I look at.
      It appears on every page.
      I'm using a MacBook Air.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •