Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] FAO Bozza - reporting an Ad

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Hi [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] (or any other moderator),

Wasn't sure of the best place to do this, and was going to send it as a PM but it wouldn't let me add an image. Anyway, I've just had the Ad below appear on my NSC which I don't think is appropriate. Not sure if you can (or even want to) stop it from appearing, but thought I'd raise it anyway.

Thanks,

Z

NSCAd.png

el punal

Wasn't sure of the best place to do this, and was going to send it as a PM but it wouldn't let me add an image. Anyway, I've just had the Ad below appear on my NSC which I don't think is appropriate. Not sure if you can (or even want to) stop it from appearing, but thought I'd raise it anyway.

Thanks,

Z

View attachment 94636

Incorrect spelling as well.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That crap infests NSC on Tapatalk too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ads have started cropping up as posts on Internet Explorer too, usually the first post after the OP. Is this commercially benefitting NSC? - if so, no problem, or are adverts creeping on uninvited? It's only started happening in the last two or three weeks.
Nothing like the piece of clickbait the OP has revealed though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey - that really is a poor quality ad - I’ve never seen anything approaching that before!

I appreciate you might not want to click on it but if you could if/when you next see it and PM me the URL that would be useful in greeting it blocked.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Malware, virus etc. I wouldn't click on it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
On a sort-of related note (and as I reminder that I still haven't read it), I clicked on the link to [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION]'s latest match report both on Facebook (or maybe Twitter) and also on thread on Tapatalk and both times it took me to a random thread from 2003 titled 'bozza again...' Anyone else had this problem?

(I've just tried it on my Mac and it's links to it without any problems).

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
On a sort-of related note (and as I reminder that I still haven't read it), I clicked on the link to [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION]'s latest match report both on Facebook (or maybe Twitter) and also on thread on Tapatalk and both times it took me to a random thread from 2003 titled 'bozza again...' Anyone else had this problem?

(I've just tried it on my Mac and it's links to it without any problems).

Thought it was just me - can only ever follow those links from a pc/browser (not Tapatalk on the phone) ... always worth the effort though!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Thanks,

Z

View attachment 94636

I've been getting that a lot but didn't know how to describe it. I'm glad you've alerted Bozza to it.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Since this is a thread on Ads...
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I've been occasionally (on first visit) getting ads on here that actually hijack the page load and send me to the advertiser instead of loading into NSC. If I then go back in the browser it'll send me back to where I was before I asked to come into NSC. These *are not* popups, they are actively hijacking the page load. I'll note the URL for where it sends me next time it happens.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Saw that Lineker ad on the ArseGas website this morning too. As I scrolled down the story (think it was the Bong one) it kept following me - replacing the inline one that was there, with the Lineker one! Very strange. Bet he'd be chuffed to see it!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thought it was just me - can only ever follow those links from a pc/browser (not Tapatalk on the phone) ... always worth the effort though!

Yeah the links always go to some random old thread on Tapatalk for some reason. Just click "Web View" and then click the link on your phone's browser instead and they work fine though.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I've been occasionally (on first visit) getting ads on here that actually hijack the page load and send me to the advertiser instead of loading into NSC. If I then go back in the browser it'll send me back to where I was before I asked to come into NSC. These *are not* popups, they are actively hijacking the page load. I'll note the URL for where it sends me next time it happens.

I’ll second this as well had the problem a few times

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Yeah I've had this a couple of times. One of them was an ad for Microsoft.

I've also had some ads appear on top of the first couple of threads on the Big Board. This seems to have only started happening this week.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I clicked it out of curiosity the other day and was a website with an article about erectile dysfunction and that Lineker had solved his by taking X supplement. Also seemed to be branded GQ but probably spoofed! not sure where the jailed bit comes in thought!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I clicked it out of curiosity the other day and was a website with an article about erectile dysfunction and that Lineker had solved his by taking X supplement. Also seemed to be branded GQ but probably spoofed! not sure where the jailed bit comes in thought!

Yes got same when I clicked on it. As an aside I seem to be getting loads more pop up ads on all manner of sites. I thought I had Adblock on as well.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Saw that Lineker ad on the ArseGas website this morning too. As I scrolled down the story (think it was the Bong one) it kept following me - replacing the inline one that was there, with the Lineker one! Very strange. Bet he'd be chuffed to see it!

It's not just Liniker. Loads of 'celebrities' have been used in similar are from the same outfit I believe. There is no way of confirming that because I will not be opening any of them. I'm surprised there hasn't been a shitload of lawsuits started.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here