Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Breaking and NOT entering

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Definitely boiling water over the tosser and then give him a hiding with his own crowbar.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My cafe got burgled twice a couple of years ago, the first time, the scrote came in through an old sash window, taking out the glass and crawling through. It was about 15 foot high, and I really didn’t think anyone would get through it. He got away with about £300 accumulated Christmas tips money. I had a new window put in, lockable, and double glazed etc. He tried it again, about 3 months later, broke the glass in the window, and badly cut himself, blood everywhere. I allied the OB, they came out immediately, a soco was there in a couple of hours, they got DNA, and caught burglar Bill for another break in a couple of months later, and using the D A sample prosecuted him for mine as well
Unfortunately, they couldn’t proof he’d done the first one, but, I did get £200 quid off of him for my window.
Shame he didn’t fall and break his leg though.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Police should have kicked the shit out of him and then destroyed the evidence

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He is even less likely to pay for it than the insurance company but you're right, he Should be paying.

The fact that the owner watched as the perpetrator destroyed his property without trying to stop him could affect his claim. Any insurance experts out there?

Of course it won't affect his claim. Your insurers do not expect you to defend your property to the bitter end. Fact the guy couldn't get past the patio doors is probably testament to the level of security. Don't know the facts but would assume the camera person was the one who called the Police. What is not clear is whether it is a woman/man or even a child.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Hilarious responses here.

Let me help you all out here.

1. The police actively discourage “have a go heroes”. Their advice would be to keep a safe distance and phone 999. The collecting of evidence (video recording) will be warmly welcomed when it comes to prosecuting the perpetrator in question. “Aggravated burglary” easily became attempted robbery by proving there were person(s) on the property. Even better if that person was underage and/or unable to fend for themselves. In this case, the victim (or whoever recorded the video) acted extremely wisely. An armed individual is a threat. Which leads to...

2. The police arriving on the scene encounter an individual armed with a crowbar. A precision leg baton strike to incapacitate the threat is an entirely appropriate course of action as proactive self defence. With five witnesses (fellow officers plus the camera, which they seem unaware of), there is no way anybody could perceive their actions as brutality.

3. However, pouring boiling water on the individual would be assault or worse, without witnesses to the altercation/attempted break in it would be one word against another.

But, I know reasonable logic isn’t the point of this.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
He certainly didn't swoosh into the residence. (except with his hat) Not the smartest bloke in the neighborhood. Probably filming the filcher was the safest and smartest--collecting evidence. It's was his word against the owner's word until the police got there.

I'm glad you posted that Weststander because for me there is no link whatsoever in the OP. I'm using Opera on Android but have the same problem with Chrome browser. How is this possible?
Screenshot_20190127-013426.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here