Votes: 64 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I follow quite a few of the players and their partners on instagram, to get images and snippets to use in my reports. There certainly is scope for such a contest, but it would be a BIT dodgy, innit. Its fair enough casting votes about which player is flairest / drinks most / has the worst attitude, but they can't be popping on here for a skim, and reading about how the mother of their kids is bang average!

Anyway, Mateju's swimwear model gf would destroy the competition (though Mrs Hemed is also a model, and has some decent swimwear *ammunition* in her locker!).

Only recent competition to the above would have been the sadly departed Mrs Danny Holla. Genuine WORLDIE.

Nope - can't see it

isabella-blog1.jpg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I voted for Calderon based on hair and face goal, but why don't we just skip to the final where we all vote Vicente.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Calde is one of my favourite ever players to pull on the stripes, nay perhaps THE favourite.

However, he isn't as flair as Paddy. He was the definition of flair. A true luxury.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

These things are always in the eye of the beholder, of course, but honestly - if you live somewhere where Isabella Holla would NOT be considered pretty special, then I can only congratulate you.

[Ah bugger - EDIT- you were being IRONIC innit? Its been a long day :jester: ]

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If you met Paddy McCourt for the first time and had no idea what he did for a living and he asked you to guess what his job was, how long do you think it’ll take you to guess “professional footballer”?. Personally I think it would take me 3 weeks. My first guesses would be: unemployed, unsuccessful drug dealer, Victorian simpleton, farmhand, part time cleaner of a working men’s club, zero hours contract at sports direct, in prison and “traveller”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lead singer in nondescript 90s britpop tribute act
Lead singer in genuine globally famous band
Something 'digital'
Barman
Actor
Cult leader

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Lead singer in nondescript 90s britpop tribute act
Lead singer in genuine globally famous band
Something 'digital'
Barman
Actor
Cult leader

Close, but not a tribute band - lead singer of some Madchester or Britpop fringe band that had three minor hits in the late 80s, (one track reached 14 in the charts for a week, and they got to play a few tour dates supporting Sleeper or The Blue Aeroplanes) before falling out, and ending up playing student bars and working men’s clubs. They split up 1994 due to the singer’s drug habit and some legal wrangles with their record company, before reforming two years ago on the back of the vogue for britpop revivals.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
All these Calderon voters are reminding me of shy tories- a sense of embarrassment/fear of humiliation holding them back from piping up.

Farcical Inigo is storming it, greatest servant/all round bloke it'd be justifiable, here it's nonsensical.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Round One, Group A and the whole thing is a farce already. This group contains;

A player we signed due to winning a load of money from Coca-Cola who when he wasn’t refusing to play was absolutely useless bar scoring a handful of screamers and somehow turned that in to a career playing for a host of top European clubs including Fenerbahçe & Galatasaray before returning to The Amex and dishing out apparent homophobic abuse before jetting off around Europe and South America again. He has 5 votes and is second bottom of the group. We also have a fat, lazy social media obsessed bellend with red facial hair and a sever god complex in this group. 4 votes.

Yet the person winning this thread is Calderon. Why? He’s not flair. In fact Calderon should be tied with Sandaza near the bottom. Spanish with long hair. Who cares? Spain isn’t even an exciting country. Not really. The Congo is an exciting country. If we signed a striker from Gabon, Peru or Saudi Arabia then that would be exciting. Spain is not.

The final nail in the Calde coffin is:

If you google Inigo Calderon the first “people also search for” option is Gordon Greer. A Scottish centre back called Gordon who looks like he might be that guy from IT all the single mums fancy in every office in this country.
If you google Colin Kazim-Kazim (which is what he called himself in Turkey don’t forget) then the first result is Jo, a big black afro-toting Brazilian international who at one point was Man City’s record signing despite being absolute shit. These are the difference between levels of flair, NSC has got it wrong.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
All these Calderon voters are reminding me of shy tories- a sense of embarrassment/fear of humiliation holding them back from piping up.

Farcical Inigo is storming it, greatest servant/all round bloke it'd be justifiable, here it's nonsensical.

Plus they're all tragically uncool but think of themselves as "hip" and "down wiv da kidz".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sums it up absolutely perfectly. I say we scrap the competition and let you decide the winner as you know what you’re talking about far more than the 59 jokers who have voted for Calderon.

williams Kenneth Williams  Carry On Behind (1975).jpg

Oct 25, 2003
a gentle reminder that we're in the home stretch on this group. The poll will close at 7:27PM.

While 1st, 2nd and 3rd are pretty much wrapped up, 4th spot is very much up for grabs

Oct 25, 2003
a couple of hours left

I'll be starting groups C and D tonight so that all is done and dusted by the end of the week and the 2nd round can start monday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here