Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The bloke who sits behind me, who is so insistent that Bong is rubbish that he sounds racist, will be mortified. Mind you, he commentates the match by spouting such rubbish as 'take a position' or 'forward' when there is nobody further forward! He has no clue how good Bong is because he lives in a 60s world where, if a player shepherds instead of committing to a tackle, he must be rubbish.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
3 is my lucky number.

Also, well done Gaetan, well deserved.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great news. I was confident the club would offer him a new deal. Shame it wasn't 2 years but hey ho.

If we stay up then we only need a replacement for captain fantastic Bruno in the fall back positions

Spend money where it really is needed. Midfield and up top

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great news, fully deserved. He’s been such a pleasant surprise this season, I really didn’t think he’d be up to it but he’s totally proven me wrong.

Full credit to the recruitment team again, what an unbelievable free signing.

Surprised it’s only for an extra year though.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
not his biggest fan but he was awesome against Swansea and gives the club time to consider how we might fill this position going forward. ideally we want someone who combines Bong's physical presence with Sutner's footballing capabilities. anyone know where we can get a half & half player????

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He needs a song, I suggest a rework of Paul Watsons, to Volare.

Our left back, oh oh oh oh,
our left back, oh oh oh oh,
His name is Gaeten Bong, he hasn't got a song. (repeat)

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
The bloke who sits behind me, who is so insistent that Bong is rubbish that he sounds racist, will be mortified. Mind you, he commentates the match by spouting such rubbish as 'take a position' or 'forward' when there is nobody further forward! He has no clue how good Bong is because he lives in a 60s world where, if a player shepherds instead of committing to a tackle, he must be rubbish.

Shame on you for accusing someone of being racist, because he thinks a player is rubbish.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well worth the year extension, he's doing very well, I still favour Suttner, but no doubt Bong has been excellent of late and is a nailed on starter currently.

I think Bong actually likes the flexibility of 1 year deals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here