Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Vs Swansea - Away fan perspective and opinion of Brighton

thegroundhopper

Feb 18, 2018
The game against Middlesboro that we had to win to go up from The Championship. Dean is piloted in from the Prem to ref it. Dale Stephens goes in for a 50 / 50 and wins the ball. Gaston Ramirez gets there too late and Stephens clips him, leaving a ickle teensy bit of blood above Gaston's 2cm shin pads. Dean takes out a yellow card to show to Stephens. Gaston knocks the yellow out of Dean's hand. Does MD

a) Send off Ramirez for man handling him and book Stephens?
b) Pick the card up and book Stephens or
c) Send off Stephens

Only The Complete And Utter Shyster would have picked c)

Not only did we not go up, I had to look at a stadium full of the ugliest people in football celebrating and travel over 5 hours home with a depressed hipster.

:laugh: give the man half a chance to act like a "big man" and he will take it, glad (in a way) that we're not the only team he's screwed in a massive promotion game

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Why the general all round hate for Dean in Brighton? (he gave us most of the decisions on Saturday but the big ones he never gives to us and/or gives to the other team)

It is mainly due to the fact he sent of Dale Stephens, it what seemed to be our best shot of making it to the premier league. (I did not envisage what happened last season) we had to win away at Middlesbrough to go up, Middlesbrough need only a draw.

We had just equalised when The Complete And Utter Shyster sent off Dale Stephens, when it was not a red card offence and the player he tackled, knocked the yellow card out of his hand and he changed his mind. Middlesbrough got the draw they needed and we had to go through the play offs missing out auto by two goals difference. The players were shattered after the season they had and in the away playoff game we had four plyers leave the field injured, Sheffield took a two goal lead back to the Amex and we could not, despite the heroic effort of the players pull that back.

The drive back from Middlesbrough, I do not think I have ever been so angry.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Angry doesn't cover it that was a desperate day.
Hate the idiot with a passion.
He got some abuse and irony on Saturday - not sure if you heard (to the tune of Footballs coming home).
He got one right. He got one right, he got one - Mike Dean got one right
Anyway, good vid mate[emoji106][emoji106]

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It is mainly due to the fact he sent of Dale Stephens, it what seemed to be our best shot of making it to the premier league. (I did not envisage what happened last season) we had to win away at Middlesbrough to go up, Middlesbrough need only a draw.

We had just equalised when The Complete And Utter Shyster sent off Dale Stephens, when it was not a red card offence and the player he tackled, knocked the yellow card out of his hand and he changed his mind. Middlesbrough got the draw they needed and we had to go through the play offs missing out auto by two goals difference. The players were shattered after the season they had and in the away playoff game we had four plyers leave the field injured, Sheffield took a two goal lead back to the Amex and we could not, despite the heroic effort of the players pull that back.

The drive back from Middlesbrough, I do not think I have ever been so angry.

Also Ramirez showed Dean an injury (an old one) which was totally inconsistent with the tackle. So wan*er Dean was so
impressed (i.e., conned) he changed yellow to red card.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I like that. Nice one – thanks for sharing.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I liked the mention of the seagulls flying around the stadium. It does seem that even though its away from the coast, they know its their team.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Angry doesn't cover it that was a desperate day.
Hate the idiot with a passion.
He got some abuse and irony on Saturday - not sure if you heard (to the tune of Footballs coming home).
He got one right. He got one right, he got one - Mike Dean got one right
Anyway, good vid mate[emoji106][emoji106]
Irony of that is we scored from the attack (Murray's second)

TCAUS grabbed his own nuts and smirked when we were loudly suggesting he was a wanker at the Liberty. He CRAVES the attention.....

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just seen that M*** D*** triggers the swear filter!
I've reported you for trying to circumvent the swear filter. Just his initials with a few stared out letters is enough for a lengthy ban.

Just saw that myself :laugh:
It's been like that for nearly two years, how have you only just noticed?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We hate The Complete And Utter Shyster here in Swansea as he gave Cardiff City a 93rd minute penalty for a dive when we were 2-1 up at the last game in Ninian Park and also he sent off one of our players in the 4th minute of a championship play-off semi final ruining the game.

Why the general all round hate for Dean in Brighton? (he gave us most of the decisions on Saturday but the big ones he never gives to us and/or gives to the other team)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zH4kBhrbCQ

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The game against Middlesboro that we had to win to go up from The Championship. Dean is piloted in from the Prem to ref it. Dale Stephens goes in for a 50 / 50 and wins the ball. Gaston Ramirez gets there too late and Gaston kicks Stephens, hurting his own leg in the process because of his 2cm shin pads. Dean takes out a yellow card to show to Stephens. Gaston knocks the yellow out of Dean's hand. Does MD

a) Send off Ramirez for man handling him and book Stephens?
b) Pick the card up and book Stephens or
c) Send off Stephens

Only The Complete And Utter Shyster would have picked c)

Not only did we not go up, we gad to go in the playoffs without Stephens
Fixed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

We had just equalised when The Complete And Utter Shyster sent off Dale Stephens, when it was not a red card offence and the player he tackled
Stephens didn't ****ing tackle anyone! Seriously, am I the only one who remained sober that day?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That was the legendary "Natterjack". Barry Izbak and I had a drink with him Friday night before the game. Because he worked on our stadium and became friends with loads of our supporters through NSC, Brighton are his second team. Watching Swansea play Brighton in the Premier League is something he wished for since our stadium was finished. He's had his dream come true, although the result didn't go his way on the two occasions this season.

That’s him, great guy and absolutely a real insider with his knowledge, pleased he’s ok!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here