Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Great prospect, give him what he’s worth and tell him he’ll play in cups next season rather than go out on loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the problem with developing youngsters though, isn't it? He needs to be playing matches. If Albion tried to do what you suggest, they would potentially restrict him to only two competitive matches all season, which would be a nonsense at this stage of his development.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This is the problem with developing youngsters though, isn't it? He needs to be playing matches. If Albion tried to do what you suggest, they would potentially restrict him to only two competitive matches all season, which would be a nonsense at this stage of his development.

Agreed, but you can also bet that if he moved to Liverpool or Tottenham as suggest, he will be sent out on loan anyway, so he probably still has more chance of being recalled or breaking through into the first team, I think he should have a chat with Lewis Dunk, and then Grant Hall, pretty sure he would stay then, but money talks and the big lights can dazzle.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed, but you can also bet that if he moved to Liverpool or Tottenham as suggest, he will be sent out on loan anyway, so he probably still has more chance of being recalled or breaking through into the first team, I think he should have a chat with Lewis Dunk, and then Grant Hall, pretty sure he would stay then, but money talks and the big lights can dazzle.

The difference is, Lewis Dunk had made his first team debut by 19. We're talking about a 20 year old who is nowhere near the first team and will be 21 near the beginning of next season. Might be different if some 17/18 year old prospect. Likewise Ben White could talk to Tommy Elphick (different I know) or Steve Cook ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The difference is, Lewis Dunk had made his first team debut by 19. We're talking about a 20 year old who is nowhere near the first team and will be 21 near the beginning of next season. Might be different if some 17/18 year old prospect. Likewise Ben White could talk to Tommy Elphick (different I know) or Steve Cook ?

Yes, and all three got their starts in the lower leagues, he must surely have more chance of breaking through into the first team here rather than Liverpool or Tottenham.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Is it reasonable to assume Uwe will be back to Germany in the summer? I believe his contract is up, and White is a ready made replacement, and home grown to boot.

That's to say nothing of Dunk possibly leaving

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would suggest that the best advice to give him is to sign a contract then go out on a season loan as per our own Walton and indeed himself but to a better standard club rather than a bottom of Div 2 club or to any other Premier Club to sit iin their U23s, he may as well do that here. The ideal would be a championship established club with potential to push for promotion a team like Forest Brentford or similar not a bookies favourite for promotion.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Why would CH sacrifice his own career by playing an untried youngster, when most managers shelf life is about 18 months.The club might also argue that there was just too much at stake !IMO this is a very differcult problem for English football.White will have to leave,to play regularly football,and hope his career keeps moving forward.I can see problems with Walton and even March being dissatisfied ,moving forward. Maybe the club sees these players as transfer revenue.....

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If you accept this rumour is true, then it looks like to me another club of a higher status than us have stole a march on him, otherwise a negotiation on a new contract needn't be made public.

I wouldn't expect a loanee from Brighton doing ok for Newport to spark that interest, although we are constantly told that scouting etc. is wonderfully sophisticated, it isn't, a trusted whisper here and telephone call there can ignite interest especially within the PL on any young prospect that ultimately wouldn't costs loads of money to take that punt and poach from a 'lesser' club.

Newports manager has said some very nice things about him and I just wonder if he has alerted his own contacts which might include a recruitment person from another Premier league club, just another reason why multi million pound academys need to create comparable playing environments to league one and league two clubs, assess, develop and promote our own talent within our own academy, otherwise what's the point of annual budgets of millions, to keep the under 10's in luxury ?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Just as much if not more competition with the U23's central defenders as the 1st team squad's with Barclay, Dallison, Hall & Kerr roughly same age as White is.
The club must rate him highly though if he's been offered a new contract when he's still got 16 months left on his existing.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just as much if not more competition with the U23's central defenders as the 1st team squad's with Barclay, Dallison, Hall & Kerr roughly same age as White is.
The club must rate him highly though if he's been offered a new contract when he's still got 16 months left on his existing.
Isn't he a right back

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Of course it COULD restrict him to that but think you have to look at Connor to realise what can happen. All set to leave on loan, didn’t happen due to lack of replacement on loan, stayed, played in Prem and cups and now third choice CB.

That’s the challenge to Ben White to prove his metal and dictate his career choices not hide behind an agent ramping up hyperbole and talk of significant interest elsewhere or potential fake news regarding a turned down deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton seemed a little surprised at the press conference when asked about Ben White turning down a contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here