Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
On sky sports gossip

BRIGHTON defender Ben White has turned down a new contract.

The centre-back has spent this season on loan at Newport.

Ben White has turned down a new contract at Brighton

And Exiles boss Mike Flynn has predicted he will play for England.

White, 20, is being watched by a string of*Premier League*clubs.

Spurs*and*Liverpool*have taken note and White will have just one year left on his contract in the summer.

He has played 39 times for Newport having made just two first-team appearances for*Brighton.

White and his team-mates are 13th in League Two but not yet out of the reckoning to reach the play-offs

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Always wonder about these situations. He probably doesn't want to be sent out all over the place on loan, but at the same time there is a risk that these rumours are unfounded, and he'll end up stuck in the lower leagues for a lot longer than he wants. Us getting promoted probably hasn't helped his chance of getting any game time.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Well he is starting from a low base being with a mid table Second Division team and he has over a year left on his current contract. This situation needs to be carefully managed by all. He needs a good agent.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who is responsible for the fact we are VERY good at churning out quality CBs?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who is responsible for the fact we are VERY good at churning out quality CBs?

Someone who couldn't find a striker at a Golden Boot ceremony.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This sounds very much like the situation when Spurs came calling for Grant Hall.

The ultimate result would be the same as well. He should show a bit more belief in himself and play games. Going to Spurs/Liverpool would be a joke, he should get himself to a league 1/Championship club and then play regular football. If he's got another year left, he should sit on his contract and see where he is at the end of it and make his decision then.

Inevitably, I would imagine he'll leave unless by some miracle he's managed to get himself into our team, which seems very unlikely right now but who knows what the summer will bring.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Someone who couldn't find a striker at a Golden Boot ceremony.

I doubt it's the same person though, as much as your tongue is in your cheek. For example it was a surprise to me that it appears it was Ben Roberts who pretty much solely scouted Maty Ryan.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As long as we protect ourselves with a decent sell on clause then we have done alright.

Isn't Ben Hall's contract up this summer as well ? - he's been getting good reviews at Notts County.

Maybe we are happy just to keep one of them.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Looks like he has a nice contract at another Premier League club sitting on the table with some promise of quick progression, I suspect BHA could offer him something similar so the club must be of a 'higher status' than us, seems that Mike Flynn is the prominent 'agent' in this one and has a trusted ear of someone at the proposed next club, thats my view if I was a betting man.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Going to Spurs/Liverpool would be a joke, he should get himself to a league 1/Championship club and then play regular football.
We could be a good Championship club.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If he leaves on a free transfer the fee will be decided by a tribunal.

If BHA has offered him a contract and he then chooses to go to another club, the club can demand a fee or I think actually not let him leave, usually which is then used as part of negotiation of an agreed fee, or as you said if a fee is not agreed would then be subject to a tribunal.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I smell AGENT BULLSHIT.

Great prospect, give him what he’s worth and tell him he’ll play in cups next season rather than go out on loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's easier to be a good centre back than it is to be a good midfielder or striker. But not as easy as being a good full back.

Yes but my point is we seem to have - for many years now - produced high quality Centre Back compared to other sides of our stature, eg Elphick, Hall, Cook, Dunk, probably others I’ve missed.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Yes but my point is we seem to have - for many years now - produced high quality Centre Back compared to other sides of our stature, eg Elphick, Hall, Cook, Dunk, probably others I’ve missed.

Adam El-Abd, Adam Virgo and Adam Hinshelwood immediately come to mind.

Apparently we are very good at producing centre backs named Adam too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here