Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Parking fine in Brighton

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Morning all,

Question if i can. I parked this weekend at Preston Park with a residents visitor parking permit, lo an behold on my return from the football i had a parking fine. I have lodged my online appeal and have been told that it will take 4-6 weeks and that my parking notice is on hold until they respond.

My question is, will I be eligible for the half price parking fine (open for the first two weeks, I lodged my appeal 2 days after the fine landed) if my appeal is rejected?

Hoping from the huge fanbase on northstandchat that someone has been in a similar position?

Thanks

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Morning all,

Question if i can. I parked this weekend at Preston Park with a residents visitor parking permit, lo an behold on my return from the football i had a parking fine. I have lodged my online appeal and have been told that it will take 4-6 weeks and that my parking notice is on hold until they respond.

My question is, will I be eligible for the half price parking fine (open for the first two weeks, I lodged my appeal 2 days after the fine landed) if my appeal is rejected?

Hoping from the huge fanbase on northstandchat that someone has been in a similar position?

Thanks

Yes, the fine is on hold, frozen in time, clock stopped.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Morning all,

Thanks

4-6 weeks! Blooming eck! Guess that goes to show how many people are appealing them.

I got one a couple of weeks back in Tunbridge Wells station car park. My car had been observed before I'd even parked which is the thing I'm most annoyed about. I paid via the app 2 minutes before the ticket was issued. Surely in this day and age these things should be instantaneous?

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Yes, even if you appeal all the way up to the Independent Adjudicator.

TB

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
4-6 weeks! Blooming eck! Guess that goes to show how many people are appealing them.

I got one a couple of weeks back in Tunbridge Wells station car park. My car had been observed before I'd even parked which is the thing I'm most annoyed about. I paid via the app 2 minutes before the ticket was issued. Surely in this day and age these things should be instantaneous?

Do you not have a grace period of say 10 minutes ?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Morning all,

Thanks

Did you park actually in Preston Park, or in a road surrounding it as Residents' Permits wouldn't apply in the park itself?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Do you not have a grace period of say 10 minutes ?

Shouldn't need a grace period in my case. I had purchased my ticket via the app at 9:05 and my ticket was issued at 9:07.

But yes of course you should. Should be more like 30 mins as its a pain in the arse getting the app setup first time. You have to download, register, confirm your email, register a car, register a card then you can finally pay.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Did you park actually in Preston Park, or in a road surrounding it as Residents' Permits wouldn't apply in the park itself?

This possibly where I'm going to lose out then. Bugger! Hopefully I get a sympathy vote then as was advised by a lifelong resident (my aunt) on preston park avenue

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
This possibly where I'm going to lose out then. Bugger! Hopefully I get a sympathy vote then as was advised by a lifelong resident (my aunt) on preston park avenue

According to this map https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking...n/?arriving=201802281030&leaving=201802281230 it appears pay and display is ok on that road. Maybe you parked in a permit only bay (if so residents day parking permits are not valid)? But if you parked in a pay and display and clearly showed your day pass it seems strange that you got a ticket. What was the reason given for your fine?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Morning all,

Thanks

The Parking inside the Park is not zone J. It is one of the few anomolies around town that has its own parking charge. My wife has a zone J permit and we can park up Preston Park Avenue but not during the resrticted times within the park itself. As you say as it was a visitors permit they may waiver it, a large amount of contested tickets are waived. They waived one of mine when I paid using a phone but on the wrong car licence. I think first time let off.

Another thought is it is not clear that it is not part of Zone J, the signs just have no zone letter, and two sides of the park are zone J.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
The 'discount' is irrelevant if you want to seriously appeal this.

Most are winnable, but it's 'all or nothing' to pay - no discount applies later on. But most are worth appealing all the way.

The discount is not frozen up until adjudicator stage, it is off the table after Notice to Owner appeal stage (hope the car is yours, not a company car?).

You should take a pic of both sides of the PCN, all the blurb on the back (but cover the VRN and PCN number on the front) and post on pepipoo Council fines forum, where the experts get almost everyone off unfair Council penalties:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

No Hotmail emails accepted on pepipoo, BTW.

Show them the PCN in the first post, and a photo of the sign and/or Google Street View link to the place parked.

Another thought is it is not clear that it is not part of Zone J, the signs just have no zone letter, and two sides of the park are zone J.
I don't know what the signs are like, but that's probably going to be the winning argument at adjudication stage, if it's not clear enough at the entrance to the zone change. Get some pictures at ANY entrance that show it's unclear, and you will likely win.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Morning all,

Thanks

If you lose the appeal you forfeit a kidney to the organ bank.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Reminds me of that Peter Cook and Dudley Moore 'dahn the lav' sketch :lolol:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here