Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Winter Break from 19/20 Season/FA Cup Re-jig

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Wigan were 6,000 short of capacity for a match against Manchester City so they don't care that much! I accept there is still a sizeable minority of traditionalists supporting the FA Cup but in my opinion the reality for most people is that it's now an irrelevance that prevents us getting what we really want, i.e. another week of Premier League football. See also: International breaks.

That's a good turnout for wigan.

The highest crowd Wigan attracted in the league this season was 12,554 (in their final league match against AFC Wimbeldon). They also had 11,000 on a couple of occasions.

In the FA Cup, they had attendances of 19,242 against Manchester City, 17,110 against Southampton and 14,194 against West Ham.

In other words, the Wigan fans seem to care far more about the FA Cup than the league.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The highest crowd Wigan attracted in the league this season was 12,554 (in their final league match against AFC Wimbeldon). They also had 11,000 on a couple of occasions.

In the FA Cup, they had attendances of 19,242 against Manchester City, 17,110 against Southampton and 14,194 against West Ham.

In other words, the Wigan fans seem to care far more about the FA Cup than the league.

More like increased away attendances. Man City had 7k or more for instance.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
More like increased away attendances. Man City had 7k or more for instance.

And if its moved to Midweek with no replay these smaller teams will loose revenue. Seems its all about the big PL stars who get tired. Also it seems to me (no facts checked) most of the PL has player from our competitors for international duty this actually benefits them more than us. If i ran the PL I would make a rule that any non English international had to pl\y at least 10 extra games wearing lead weights in their boots without any half time break before an international tournament so as to ensure they are completely knackered. However I expect they would still beat us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here