Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would make the FA Cup an entirely midweek competition and scrap all replays. Nobody cares about it, nobody takes it seriously so why waste weekends on it? You could run the Premier League as an entirely weekend-only competition as a result, ensuring a week between every single fixture.
    I think Wigan fans would disagree with you along with quite a number of fans from other teams. I've rather enjoyed it this season as well !
    The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
    I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      The Football league will follow, championship clubs will rightly say they have squads full of internationals
      Doubt it. Championship and League 1/2 already have more games as it is. They’ll be better off playing those two weeks due to more chance of TV coverage with the PL sides playing reduced fixtures.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      I think Wigan fans would disagree with you along with quite a number of fans from other teams. I've rather enjoyed it this season as well !
      Wigan were 6,000 short of capacity for a match against Manchester City so they don't care that much! I accept there is still a sizeable minority of traditionalists supporting the FA Cup but in my opinion the reality for most people is that it's now an irrelevance that prevents us getting what we really want, i.e. another week of Premier League football. See also: International breaks.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      So the only reason for having a mid-season break is because the multi-millionaire players, whose every whim is pandered to, are getting ickle bit tired?

What a bunch of pretentious wimps.

0 Not allowed!
      Wigan were 6,000 short of capacity for a match against Manchester City so they don't care that much! I accept there is still a sizeable minority of traditionalists supporting the FA Cup but in my opinion the reality for most people is that it's now an irrelevance that prevents us getting what we really want, i.e. another week of Premier League football. See also: International breaks.
      You are correct insofar as it is clearly nothing like as important as it once was. However, if UEFA allowed domestic cup winners a Champions League spot, I think you'd find that status quo change quite dramatically.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      sadly these days are over for good

18th April 1981 Cyrstal Palace 0 Brighton 3 (Gregory2,Smith1)

0 Not allowed!
      That's a good turnout for wigan.

0 Not allowed!
      Winter break for Premier League clubs in February from 2019-20

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44414487
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      Winter break for Premier League clubs in February from 2019-20

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44414487
      Ridiculous. I am against this. It won't help the national team at all as half of them don't even play regularly for their home club. It will be interesting to see what happens if those particular weekends are mild, whilst the preceding weekends or following weekends have heavy winter snow.
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......

1 Not allowed!
      "The break will be staggered across two weeks, with five matches on the first weekend and five the following weekend."

So, how does that work?
      No actual break in the Premier League, just one weekend off with no midweek fixtures before or after?
      In this great future you can't forget your past