Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] end of season game predictor thingy... worth a look..

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
11 Bournemouth 40
12 Southampton 38
13 Brighton 38
14 Newcastle 37
15 Swansea 36
16 Huddersfield 35
17 West Ham 34

18 Stoke 33
19 Crystal Palace 33
20 West Brom 24

:thumbsup:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
10 Crystal Palace 44
11 West Ham 42
12 Watford 42
13 Huddersfield 41
14 Bournemouth 40
15 Brighton 38
16 Southampton 36
17 Newcastle 36
---------------------------
18 Swansea 35
19 Stoke 33
20 West Brom 25

Not sure how I got Palace so high up the table! Anyway we're safe with me being pretty pessimistic, that'll do me.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
These predictors always seem to exaggerate existing form/positions...

At the moment, no-one can see where WBA are going to get any points from, but you can be sure they’ll pick some up somewhere. Ditto Stoke.

It’s like last year when people were predicting Huddersfield to go on a 15-game winning streak, but they did drop points after all.

Everyone seems to be predicting teams being safe on 32, 33, 34 points but I’d be amazed if it wasn’t more like 37/38 needed.

Happily I think we’ll achieve that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
10Bournemouth43
11Watford42
12Huddersfield41
13Newcastle37
14Crystal Palace36
15Southampton36
16West Ham35
17Swansea34
----------------------
18Stoke33
19Brighton32
20West Brom27
That's the spirit!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

At the moment, no-one can see where WBA are going to get any points from, but you can be sure they’ll pick some up somewhere. Ditto Stoke.

It’s like last year when people were predicting Huddersfield to go on a 15-game winning streak, but they did drop points after all.

Everyone seems to be predicting teams being safe on 32, 33, 34 points but I’d be amazed if it wasn’t more like 37/38 needed.

Happily I think we’ll achieve that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree entirely. I've been doing one every year for us since we got back in the Champ and generally start late January with anyone that we're 'competing' with for promotion/relegation. My success rate isn't any better than 60% and yet they are all entirely 'logical' predictions

I still do it anyhow ..... oh and we're safe on 36 points :)

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This highlights how big a win at Selhurst might be. A bonus for us but potentially massively damaging to the PaLLLLLLLace especially if they come through the next spell of fixtures with sod all.
I think they can easily survive even with just 1 point in March. Haha and Sako will be back, and they've got decent games in April and May.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Had another go trying no to be biased for or against and still had us come out on 41 points..10 points from 10 games.
But how the hell have you got Palace on 31 points? Their last game of the season will be against an already relegated and managerless West Brom, that should be 3. And they're playing Hudds, Bournemouth, us, Watford, Leicester and Stoke. 4 points from those 7 games is ridiculous. As well as the chance to take points of the bigger clubs (they were also minutes from a point against Spurs at the weekend).

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I gave us a home draw with The Arse, home wins against Leicester & Huddersfield, and away win up the other end of the A23.

View attachment 94538

God that looks lovely lovely lovely............

Mind you how a publication like the Croydon Advertiser manages to get any literate readers is somewhat beyond me...... they must do a big letter simple word version to sell in the shops..

TNBA

TTF

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Southampton, Stoke & WBA down, all on 32 or less. Us safe in 13th place on 40 points...

That's what I got. Rather dimly, I found myself succumbing to the temptation to assume that top six clubs would always win and bottom three ones always lose. The result of this must be to over-extrapolate what has happened in the past, and football life isn't like that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Generally a fair point...
Stoke, yes, but WBA - no. It's not recent form/position - they've only won 1 game in the last 26. They've brought in a manager who has completely failed, and their players have gone on a piss-up and been accused of stealing a taxi while drunk. The ones that haven't been accused of racism that is. They've just lost two home games against relegation rivals. They're gone.

To be fair, we were just concerned it could happen, and we didn't want to miss out again. That doesn't mean we thought it would happen.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Too early to be doing this. Loads of time for teams to find/lose form.

But I'll take this...

relegation.jpg.png

(Yes, possibly over-estimated Watford!)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This is mine. Only six more points predicted for us - a win over Hudds and there draws but still finish 15th and six points clear of relegation. Oddly I've somehow got Stoke surviving.
predictor.png

Jimmy Grimble

10Watford 46
11Bournemouth 44
12Swansea 42
13West Ham 41
14Newcastle 41
15Huddersfield 40
16Palace 38
17SCC 38
18Brighton 38
19Stoke 33