Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] end of season game predictor thingy... worth a look..

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I can see WHU getting pulled in with WBA and Huddersfield ... alas!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Cancelled as can't get it to do what I wanted !

Nothing to see here !

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    48.1 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I make it four points required to stay up and relegate - bizarrely - Watford along with Stoke and West Brom.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Every time I come back to this, it gives 33 points to survive.

Just a question now of building up more of a buffer against unfortunate freak results.

1 more win should calm any nerves, but in fact we may already be safe.

33 is a tad low for me, but I just can't see how so many seem to think that the survival total will be so much higher. 38 is being widely touted. This requires three out of the following four materialising: Stoke getting 11 from 7, Southampton 10 from 8, Huddersfield 7 from 7, West Ham 8 from 8. And that's assuming that the likes of Newcastle, Palace and Swansea don't have disastrous run-ins. I've been saying 36 (especially with a good goal difference) will be enough all season; it's now more likely that 35 will suffice. I'm still too much of a coward to say 33 though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
33 is a tad low for me, but I just can't see how so many seem to think that the survival total will be so much higher. 38 is being widely touted. This requires three out of the following four materialising: Stoke getting 11 from 7, Southampton 10 from 8, Huddersfield 7 from 7, West Ham 8 from 8. And that's assuming that the likes of Newcastle, Palace and Swansea don't have disastrous run-ins. I've been saying 36 (especially with a good goal difference) will be enough all season; it's now more likely that 35 will suffice. I'm still too much of a coward to say 33 though.

Agree with this. Stoke and Southampton haven't managed a point a game all season so not sure they are going to start now. We could end up looking back and realising we were safe on 34 all along, but I certainly haven't got the balls to call it now. Pretty sure 37 will do it though and as you say 25/36 probably OK too. A win on Saturday would be magnificent.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
11Watford43
12West Ham40
13Brighton39
14Swansea37
15Huddersfield36
16Crystal Palace36
17Newcastle36
------------------
18Stoke30
19Southampton29
20West Brom21

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The utter pessimist that I am, I had us in 18th on 37 points, going down with Stoke and WBA. Southampton survive on GD (though not sure quite how the predictor assesses that, as you are not putting in any scorelines).

This should be taken as a good thing, as I am rubbish at predicting football results, as evidenced by the balance on my BetVictor account.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with this. Stoke and Southampton haven't managed a point a game all season so not sure they are going to start now. We could end up looking back and realising we were safe on 34 all along, but I certainly haven't got the balls to call it now. Pretty sure 37 will do it though and as you say 25/36 probably OK too. A win on Saturday would be magnificent.

:eek:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I had us staying up on goal difference on 36points -28 g/d. West Brom, stoke, Newcastle going down.

Mind you i did in November!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A Newcastle win over Huddersfield today will see them pretty much safe.

The pivotal game for the predictors though today is West Ham v Southampton. It'll be good to feed in the real result for this one.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
A Newcastle win over Huddersfield today will see them pretty much safe.

The pivotal game for the predictors though today is West Ham v Southampton. It'll be good to feed in the real result for this one.

And also Albion V Hudddersfield although any result for us today would be massively welcome !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here