Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewis Dunk

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
As others have said, he has been magnificent. What I love is when he gets in front of the striker to control a high clearance on his chest and start another attack. He does this every game - again did it first half against Swansea.
I was watching a championship game on TV a couple of weeks ago and it was so noticeable how all the centre backs , in the same situation, were simply heading the ball back which would either go out of play or be given straight back to the opposition.
Dunk is an amazing defender but is also a truly great footballer who contributes to our attacking options.
I have already reconciled myself to his departure in the summer - my feeling it will be Liverpool. Whilst the thought of Dunk leaving is devastating I couldn't begrudge him a chance to play champions league football.

He will always be a legend and will always get a great reception here. He's one of our own - always will be - no matter who he plays for ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As others have said, he has been magnificent. What I love is when he gets in front of the striker to control a high clearance on his chest and start another attack. He does this every game - again did it first half against Swansea.
I was watching a championship game on TV a couple of weeks ago and it was so noticeable how all the centre backs , in the same situation, were simply heading the ball back which would either go out of play or be given straight back to the opposition.
Dunk is an amazing defender but is also a truly great footballer who contributes to our attacking options.
I have already reconciled myself to his departure in the summer - my feeling it will be Liverpool. Whilst the thought of Dunk leaving is devastating I couldn't begrudge him a chance to play champions league football.

He will always be a legend and will always get a great reception here. He's one of our own - always will be - no matter who he plays for ......

I think he'll stay whilst we stay up, for at least another season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The only thing i will say is that Dunk has matured immensely. Cutting down the yellows and needless reds.

Agreed. And he’s stopped the mistakes he was prone to making. The last 3 or 4 years we’ve all watched him developed into something special.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Officially give him the armband now, try everything to keep him. If we stay up then offer him another contract.
I'll be gutted if he goes in the summer but at least if he does I know the club will get serious money.
I'll also wish a f'ing plague on Southgate when he finally selects him about a week after he signs for Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Local chatter (gossip, probably nothing more than that) is that work on his house has more or less stopped because he is ‘moving up North when the season finishes’.

Sincerely hope not, but accept he’ll probably have to if he wants to play for England (wrong as that is).

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Interesting order. Personally I would prefer Dunk to Lascelles but I am biased.

I agree on Maguire but not on Stones. I think Cahill is way past his best.

Mawson is good but was very poor on Saturday. Admittedly he may still be not fully recovered from injury.

Murray was all over Mawson. Had him on a string !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just a sublime player nowadays. Feel lucky to watch him wearing the Albion shirt every week.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This summer is the right time to sell for both parties. It would be wrong of us to stand in his way, he needs to move to a big club and see how far he can go. Also means Goldson can get some proper game time next year and mature into the next Lewis Dunk. Win/win for all parties.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Player of the season for me, can't recall him having a below par game for simply ages

POTS for me being above anybody else as he hasnt had the bad run that Dunk had around Christmas has to be Stephens. who will become our record sale if sold. IMHO the player that Dunk could follow next season will be Cahill for both Chelsea and eventually England. I agree that if a good price is offered it is the time to let him go and push Goldson on to replace him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Might have 4 OG which were all deflections
Wasn't the first against City a direct header?[/QUOTE]
The 4 OG ‘stat’ doesn’t bother me one tiny bit.
Quite the opposite, we should highlight it at every opportunity.

We'd already be safe if it wasn't for that useless Dunk scoring own goals.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
POTS for me being above anybody else as he hasnt had the bad run that Dunk had around Christmas has to be Stephens. who will become our record sale if sold. IMHO the player that Dunk could follow next season will be Cahill for both Chelsea and eventually England. I agree that if a good price is offered it is the time to let him go and push Goldson on to replace him.

Player of the season so far, consistent,passionate , showing a lot of skill and a key driving force.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
POTS for me being above anybody else as he hasnt had the bad run that Dunk had around Christmas has to be Stephens. who will become our record sale if sold.

Simply won't happen. Stephens might interest an Everton or West Ham but he isn't going to a top 6 team. Dunk's only possible destination is top 6- he'd go for at least double.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That’s how we got Duffy after his bad own goal season [emoji12]
IIRC there were some Blackburn fans saying that Duffy was doing it on purpose to make sure their idiot owners sold him to us.

The more sensible fans, rather than the ones who thought we'd been mugged off for the fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here