Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewis Dunk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
....yep, and forget all the brilliant stuff too.

That's not brilliant all centre halfs can 1-2 their way from one box to the other, or set up goals with 60 yards assists...

...can't they?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You might expect your keeper to claim it sometimes in the 6yd box.

Gist of this thread seems to be that Dunk isn’t 100% perfect all the time. Who’d have thought it.

With a short goalkeeper there is more onus on Dunk and Duffy to win these balls Most on here believe Dunk is the best CB in the Premier and should be first on the England team sheet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I fully accept that view but you EXPECT your CB to win the high balls into the 6yd box.

On that basis you EXPECT your goalie to claim everything in the 6 yard box too.

But it’s just too simplistic a view [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Krul ? Short ??

How many times has he played in front of Krul, not many, he is used to playing in front of Ryan.so his play will be geared to that. I am only pointing what I consider to be the one area of weakness with Dunk that needs working on to make him a more complete CB and perhaps put him on Southgates radar.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's almost as if the first season for a player in the premier league is a learning experience. Who would have thought it?

(And I think a lot of our players have learnt an awful lot so far)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's almost as if the first season for a player in the premier league is a learning experience. Who would have thought it?

It's a shame some of our fans, whether it be their first or second club, haven't learned quite so well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

This is not a question of which division because it has been a problem for Dunk that I have highlighted in the past and his age was given as his defence but he is now 26 years old and played 200 games so is not a young novice and a coach should have worked on it with him. He could become the first choice for England but this world cup has come too early for him perhaps the next Euros will be his day.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is not a question of which division because it has been a problem for Dunk that I have highlighted in the past and his age was given as his defence but he is now 26 years old and played 200 games so is not a young novice and a coach should have worked on it with him. He could become the first choice for England but this world cup has come too early for him perhaps the next Euros will be his day.

You think coaches won’t have ? Seriously ? You also know we had the best defensive record in the championship last season right ? We’ve stepped up a significant level, and the whole squad is learning. Defensive play against set pieces in the PL is improving, it’s blindingly obvious, but we’ll still concede against this level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You think coaches won’t have ? Seriously ? You also know we had the best defensive record in the championship last season right ? We’ve stepped up a significant level, and the whole squad is learning. Defensive play against set pieces in the PL is improving, it’s blindingly obvious, but we’ll still concede against this level.

It is obvious from our improvement recently that they have worked on it but the work isnt finished it still needs more hence my suggestion of bringing in an old ex CB who has done it to sit down with him and videos and show him where he is going wrong and how to rectify it./

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I actually agree that this wc has come to early. But I love the additional 'I was right all along'.
It's like the earlier quip whereby because Ryan is performing brilliantly after I said he was too short, I'll blame other players mistakes on them having to cover for his lack of height.

It's all OK though BG, because whether it's intentional or not, you do make me smile :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sledgehammer-to-crack-a-nut1.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I actually agree that this wc has come to early. But I love the additional 'I was right all along'.

and as usual EVERYBODY else was wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I actually agree that this wc has come to early. But I love the additional 'I was right all along'. It's like the earlier quip whereby because Ryan is performing brilliantly after I said he was too short, I'll blame other players mistakes on them having to cover for his lack of height.

It's all OK though BG, because whether it's intentional or not, you do make me smile :lolol:

For @BG:
Has the WC also come too early for Tarkowski, Michael Keane and Mawson?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For @BG:
Has the WC also come too early for Tarkowski, Michael Keane and Mawson?

Can't be arsed to look but I'm guessing the argument would be that they all have more top level experience than Lewis

Edit - Sorry, just seen not a question to me

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
FWIW You could hold up the World Cup for 20 years and it would still be too early for Tarkowski. IMHO. Mawson especially and possibly Keane will be adequate cover along with Smalling and possibly Dier if needed for Maguire and Stones.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't be arsed to look but I'm guessing the argument would be that they all have more top level experience than Lewis

I hope not as that would leave himself wide open to:-

'With more top flight experience LD will also improve'.

Wouldn't that then mean BG is actually wrong and is in fact agreeing with the rest of us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here