Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewis Dunk

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yup, now Dunk seems to have calmed down a bit temper wise he is a good CB....although I would still say our CB pairing are better. But then I would and should say that ��

Do you honestly, hand on heart, believe that?

Incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yup, now Dunk seems to have calmed down a bit temper wise he is a good CB....although I would still say our CB pairing are better. But then I would and should say that ��

Eh ....seen when did he have a temper problem.....think you've got the wrong set of words there sunshine

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Do you honestly, hand on heart, believe that?

Incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Err yer I personally think both Sakho and Tomkins are a better players and a better CB pairing than Dunk and Duffy, although the later pair are a good pairing as well. I would go further and say Tomkins has a outside chance of being picked for the England squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Err yer I personally think both Sakho and Tomkings are a better players and a better CB pairing than Dunk and Duffy, although the later pair are a good pairing as well. I would go further and say Tomkings has a outside chance of being picked for the England squad.

I dont agree with either point as regards the pairing or Dunk.and Tomkins.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Err yer I personally think both Sakho and Tomkins are a better players and a better CB pairing than Dunk and Duffy, although the later pair are a good pairing as well. I would go further and say Tomkins has a outside chance of being picked for the England squad.

Most important indicator for a CB pairing is goals conceded, imo.

Palace league goals conceded = 54, the Albion = 47.

Albion CB pairing = 15% better than Palace’s.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok wrong words , let's call it diving in strongly and making the odd rash decision. His game has improved over the last couple of seasons.

Not that much though.

I've heard, from a Spurs fan, that Dunk is susceptible to a high ball into the penalty area.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hardly any Center backs in the Premier league can spray 40 yard passes right on a team mates feet like Dunk. He does it time and time again.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Hardly any Center backs in the Premier league can spray 40 yard passes right on a team mates feet like Dunk. He does it time and time again.

I think any top 6 side will want abit more than that .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Arsenal want a player or two or three who can simply defend.

What do reckon of a Dunk/Mamadou Sakho partnership at the Emirates?
They couldn't afford sakho.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Glad to be of help .

I consider it my duty to help you. If having you on here is preventing you from polluting another non Palace message board then it is a civic duty well done*.
* however if it happens to a Pompey message board then happy days

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Neither Sakho or Tomkins are better than Dunk. Dunk is better in the air, better with his feet, his anticipation is better, his passing is better, his tackling and positional play is better.. I'm struggling to find one area where either player is better than Dunk. Very few teams have a better pairing than Dunk/Duffy, Palace certainly don't. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here